New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    wow sir! congratulamations! naka 20d ka na pala. so the 300d ni koya is from you. ayus! ahehehe!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rich kids haay... :envy:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy View Post
    he..he salamat... di naman ganun ka gandahan... malayo pa sa idols ko...

btw tagal na ng thread na ito..

naka 20D na ako yehey!!!!
    hehe, not as well as my fav DeviantArtists, but still not the average shots. pang photojournalism din.

rich kids haay... :envy:
    hehe.. envy nga, we don't even own a digital camera. yung sa phone ko lang.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    REVIVING!

Any Micro Four Thirds users here? Olympus and Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic GX85 just want to ask for food photos what do you think would be better? The Panasonic 20mm f1.7 prime or the Olympus 45mm f1.8 prime?

Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    REVIVING!

Any Micro Four Thirds users here? Olympus and Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic GX85 just want to ask for food photos what do you think would be better? The Panasonic 20mm f1.7 prime or the Olympus 45mm f1.8 prime?

Thanks!
    I used to have the OM-D EM5 back then. Too bad naiwan ko sa taxi sa SG and di ko na na recover. It has the standard kit that and a Panasonic 20mm 1.7 pancake lens. Fave ko yung pancake lens super sharp and magaan hehe.

Missed that camera! The 5 axis in body stabilization is outstanding. You can literally handheld a shot *1 sec provided that you have a good form.

Panalo nakapulot nun, gagamitin nalang hahaha

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post

Thanks!
    45mm is too long for food shots. Depending on how close the lens can focus, you will literally need to move a bit from your subject.

You cannot go wrong on both lenses. As they are both prime, they will trump over any zoom lens.

For me, get the 20mm Panasonic.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Guy Sligh View Post
    45mm is too long for food shots. Depending on how close the lens can focus, you will literally need to move a bit from your subject.

You cannot go wrong on both lenses. As they are both prime, they will trump over any zoom lens.

Thanks bud! Will get the 20mm then, yun din naisip ko the 45mm might be too zoomed in for food photos. Maybe will get the Olympus 60mm f2.8 macro in the future as a compliment to the Panasonic 20mm.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yes macro is ideal as majority of them are close focusing

Sent from my LG-H870S using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Guy Sligh View Post

By the way I have been reading reviews on the Pana 20mm. Major complaints are slow autofocus. I mean is it annoyingly slow I mean I mostly shoot object that don't move (such as food) but when I am travelling I use my camera a lot too and sometimes if autofous is slow especially if you need to move quickly (or a lot of people in the surrounding) it can get annoying...

Just wanna hear experiences from an actual owner...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Does your body comes with focus peaking? You can utilize this when the subject is not moving.

14mm 2.5 pala yung pancake ko before and AF is fast, under the right lighting condition and for my style of shooting at least.

Miss that combo. EM5 + Panasonic 14mm pancake. Very compact setup.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
TIPS on Photography (Digital/Manual)