New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    mukhang wala naman problema sa wifi ko. just installed my new linksys wireless router and full bar kapag within the room, and nakaka 1-2bars at the other end of the house with 3-4 walls in between.
    not all wifi devices are created equal. Your laptop's wifi antenna might not be as sensitive as your friend's laptop so you end up with less signal strength.

Solution with your home setup would be:
    1. place your router nearer to where you would be working with your laptop more often.
    2. upgrade the linksys router's antenna... kinda pricey but it does work to increase signal strength to a degree.
    3. buy a wifi adapter for your laptop, either USB or PCMCIA type to replace your built-in wifi adapter. Note that PCMCIA cards tend to drain the battery in laptops.
    4. buy a linksys wifi repeater to amplify the signal at the far end of your home.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i might not need to increase the range of the coverage of my wifi at the moment since i can get a connection in every part of the house except the kitchen, wherein i don't do any surfing.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
is there a problem with my wifi?