New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Galactus, you can get a firewire pci card sa PC Options sa Gilmore, that's just 800-900 pesos lang. the firewire cable is around 200-300 for a decent one.
    Ganun lang ba kamura yun? I'm not that updated anymore kasi with PC hardware prices, unlike before. When I bought my camcorder (JVC-270U) in 2005, nasa 3k pa ang price ng Firewire PCI card, pero may kasama ng cable.

Eh bad trip ako, kasi I bought my JVC at 32,990, tapos 1 week later, binaba ng 5k, naging 27,990 na lang! Kaya ayoko munang gumastos that time.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    who is the clown who tried to sell you a firewire card for 3k last 2005? sobrang mahal ha. it's just 1300 back then with cable.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    BTW, since 2007 na ngayon, i suppose you have 2yr old tapes. It's the best time to back them up in DVDs or risk losing them or the quality of the videos (due to repeated exposure and friction with the drum head).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May video 8 pa ba? Yun kasi gamit kong format nung nahilig ako sa camcorders. Gumagawa pa kami ng mga short films. hehehe.

Old school Sony TRV-11 pa uso nun.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    May video 8 pa ba? Yun kasi gamit kong format nung nahilig ako sa camcorders. Gumagawa pa kami ng mga short films. hehehe.

Old school Sony TRV-11 pa uso nun.
    I'm not sure about Video 8. But, the Sony Hi-8 format is pretty good. I made a couple of videos for a friend a few years ago using footage from his Sony camcorder (same TRV-series). I couldn't tell the difference between Hi-8 and MiniDV. The camcorder was a little bulky though compared to MiniDV camcorders of the day.

Our JVC DVL-510U MiniDV camcorder is almost 6 years old. I guess it's almost time for us to buy a new camcorder as well. We'll probably buy either a micro/palm-sized MiniDV unit or one of the HDD-based ones.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    HDD videocam for me ... the convenience of not having to worry about media beats all other features ... with good archiving habit, the possibility of losing data is almost impossible ... and i'm also a believer that the camera's hdd is highly durable, if i drop the camera, something else would break but not the hdd

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I use a sony dvd handycam. some things i like about it:

-media can be played in home dvd player
    - media can be copied easily to pc or to another cd
    - no need to rewind/forward if looking for a scene
    - media is thin/handy

things i dislike:

- mini dvd is quite expensive : 300 for a single sided 30 minute dvd, around 600 for a dual sided disc. however, cdr sells them much cheaper
    - availability of media is not that widespread
    - picture quality is not that good on current models except on top of the line (really expensive ones)
    - captured video format is not avi
    - video lag is obvious

mini dv has been around for a long time and they have mastered this format thus it would be safe to go with it. mini dvd is relatively new technology thus minor quirks still abound.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Very good points slyfox, esp the latter paragraphs.

However, tape is not exactly the best media to store relevant data to (like videos) because it's susceptible to mold and fungi which render the tape useless should it occur. Also, in floods, tape gets easily damaged.
    yeah well that's true. what i usually do is transfer my minidv footage to my hd then i burn them. that way i have 2 master copies. but that might be too much work for the average consumer. but for my field it's necessary. so ok maybe the hdd drives are a better option word of caution tho, be careful not to input grounded mics when filming. and during transfer avoid power fluctuations. i've heard of instances wherein the data was erased from the hdd due to these. but that was for the panasonic p2 camera.

as for the video 8 and hi-8, did you know that you can convert your v8 tapes to hi-8 by simply perforating a hole on the v8 tapes? a nifty trick i learned way back. oh and otep if you do plan to digitize your short films shot on v8 you can borrow someone who has a digital 8 camera. it plays regular v8 and hi-8 but allows data to be transferred via firewire/usb

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I have the same dilemma as with the thread starter (about 3 weeks ago). I ended up buying a Canon HV10 high definition camcorder. I have several reasons for that:

1. It runs on miniDV. I have quite a collection from my previous JVC camcorder so I needed one to succeed it's throne.

2. MiniDVD has a small degree (if not nill) of editing support. Whereas, miniDV has a wide array of post production editing programs. I use Ulead VideoStudio 11 Plus.

3. The camcorder I got was replaced by a newer version so I got it cheap.

4. Digital quality recorded on miniDV tapes are excellent compared to those in miniDVD format. Just don't know how AVCHD performs? My cam can produce 1080 interlaced footages in its final form (That is close to full HD and far better than my old JVC who only produces 480i).

5. MiniDV tapes are dime a dozen now. It used to be expensive but due to the emergence of new formats, economy pulled its price downwards.

6. MiniDVD is really convenient as its form factor is small compared to regular DVDs but just as with any DVD it can easily be scratched. When it does, you can say farewell to your precious (scandalous) moments. That will not happen to your HDD or MiniDV camcorder.

7. I have lenses from my digital camera that fits perfectly with my camcorder (both being under the Canon brand). I can easily attach my converter lenses and filters on its 37mm ring.

8. Extremely compact. I can easily carry it on my front pocket. It has 10X optical zoom function plus a 100X digital zoom. 3MP digital cam to boot.

Other forms of camcorders are either:
    1. Too short in capturing footages. Some only gets it in short video clips like the new Canon TX1 or the Sanyo Xacti. Unless you have a great number of storage space to load your videos.

2. Too expensive. HDD types usually cost more in the open market especially those made by Sony. But if money is not an issue then follow what you are comfortable in using.

3. Outdated design. Uso ngayon ay paliitan ng gadgets. Usually lahat ng electronic devices start off with big design formats. Later on, smaller versions will come out because of improved technology and market demands.

Get one that will satisfy your needs and fit in your budget. Try and audition several camcorders to have a first hand feel. Also if you have time, check the ratings and reviews over the internet prior to your purchase. It will help a lot. You can take reference on this website for additional guidance: www.camcorderinfo.com

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    50 petot lang TDK CD-R sa CDRKing...scratch resistant...attended the first birthday of my apo (anak ng eldest niece ko) last year...finalized the dvd after the party sabay bigay sa mag-asawa ayun tuwang tuwa...

check mo yung HD ones kung pasok sa budget mo....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Tanong about video camera?