New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Anyone knows where I can get a tried and tested good (and most importantly Free) Win7 compatible software to enable me to stream music via WiFi to my Apple Airport Express (via DTS/DD Optical SPDIF/analog)?

Is there another router brand and model that can also output audio? What I don't like about AAE is that it doesn't have Ethernet ports. Although I don't need nor use one, I'd like to have one.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Would really appreciate any help (present and future). Did google extensively. I already have the one for the Mac but my other computers are windows7 operated.

My other option is to Hackintosh my K42JR as I really need this function.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    BTW, Apple Airport Express is a router that comes with a USB and an Optical SPDIF/Analog audio output.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can try looking at Logitech's Squeezebox Touch

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/speake...s/devices/5745

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks GH! What I need is an application to stream my K42JR's (win7) audio to my router where my speaker system is connected. Sa iTunes lang kasi pwede. Gusto ko lahat, regardless of app.

Minsan kasi, I like computing sa desk, table, sa bed, sa porch but I like the sound directly streamed to my speakers instead of the puny, bassless laptop speakers.

Thanks again.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I see that not a lot of tsikoteers like this router.

Bit the bullet and went for Rogue Amoeba's Airfoil for just $25. It works flawlessly in my system.

If I ever encounter a freeware doing the same thing as Airfoil, I will post it here for the sake of other Airport Express users.

Streaming music via WiFi (Apple Airport Express)