New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    we should not confuse absence of proof, for proof of absence.

beyond 20,000 years ago, we know next to nothing about human civilization.
    Well, thats changing, they found this site in turkey called gobeklitepe, it was built 12k years ago predating the sumeria by more than 5 thousand years, human civilization is more advance and older than we were thought..in its ruins there's a story bout this flood and the people that built these structures are the survivors...medyo pinipigil lang ng ibang scholars lalo ng mga egyptologist, kasi timeline nila na when the pyramids and sphinx will also change..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    12,000 years ago. 20,000 years ago.
    von daniken and others like him. some of them have pretty convincing arguments.
    the great flood. it is mentioned, daw, in several very ancient cultures.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 18th, 2018 at 10:51 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    12,000 years ago, is a very far cry from 20,000 years ago.
    von daniken and others like him. some of them have pretty convincing arguments.
    Ikaw naman doc..they say around 12-13k was the catechism, 12k years ago gobekli tepe was built, earlier than that there was an existing advance civilazation..hindi naman instant na they could build 100 ton monoliths overnight..balik tayo sa flood, for me it really happened..most cultures has a flood story, cant be coincidence..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Ikaw naman doc..they say around 12-13k was the catechism, 12k years ago gobekli tepe was built, earlier than that there was an existing advance civilazation..hindi naman instant na they could build 100 ton monoliths overnight..balik tayo sa flood, for me it really happened..most cultures has a flood story, cant be coincidence..

like i said.
    we know next to nothing, 20,000 years ago.

100 ton monoliths overnight.
    should be easy pickin's for a technology with antigravity knowhow.
    besides, 100 tons is do-able even today, what with pre-fabricated technology.

the great flood.
    some geologists have an interesting theory at just what caused that great flood. it was so widespread, many cultures far from each other topographically, may have experienced it.
    similar to the theory that explains how the american badlands came into existence. and how england, once connected to the mainland, managed to "break away".

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    like i said.
    we know next to nothing, 20,000 years ago.

100 ton monoliths overnight.
    should be easy pickin's for a technology with antigravity knowhow.
    besides, 100 tons is do-able even today, what with pre-fabricated technology.

the great flood.
    some geologists have an interesting theory at just what caused that great flood. it was so widespread, many cultures far from each other topographically, may have experienced it.
    similar to the theory that explains how the american badlands came into existence. and how england, once connected to the mainland, managed to "break away".
    yes we dont, just irritates me that people like zahi hawass are blind to the fact the history is like a jigsaw puzzle, when you find a piece that fits in a certain place, we need to adjust a little, so naniniwala di kayo sa alien influence?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    yes we dont, just irritates me that people like zahi hawass are blind to the fact the history is like a jigsaw puzzle, when you find a piece that fits in a certain place, we need to adjust a little, so naniniwala di kayo sa alien influence?

"it would be the height of arrogance, if we were to think that we, in the whole wide universe, were the only thinking beings occupying it." - guess who.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    And the evidence? NADA!

Maybe, bedtime stories of little green men from outer space will give me entertainment more than NADA. What's your favorite alien movie by the way? I like Guardians of the Galaxy. You? LOL!

Not really. One can be a scientist by profession and a Christian in their personal lives. In fact all important and major discoveries were made by people who believed in God that propelled society to innovation and technology.

People like Galileo Galilei, Blaise Pascal, Isaac Newton, Johannes Kepler, Robert Boyle, James Clerk Maxwell, Louis Pasteur and many more. (List of Christians in science and technology - Wikipedia)

So, can you say the same that these people are ignorant because they believe in God?

Atheism, on the other hand, are merely the disbelief in the existence of gods. That's all there is to it.

However, just because one claims to be an atheist, doesn't mean they don't believe in the paranormal. In fact, they can believe in ghosts, UFO's, bigfoot, chupacanbra, magic arts, feng shui, palmistry, Ouija, Voodoo, the white lady, tikbalang and what not. The only premise is they don't believe in gods.

In fact, according to Gallup polls:

The Wall Street Journal has filed a comprehensive report on What Americans Believe, based on a new Gallup poll. Firstly, the WSJ claims that Atheism leads to an increase in weirder beliefs:

"The reality is that the New Atheist campaign, by discouraging religion, won't create a new group of intelligent, skeptical, enlightened beings. Far from it: It might actually encourage new levels of mass superstition. And that's not a conclusion to take on faith -- it's what the empirical data tell us."

long post w/ lots of quotes from weird people who believe in ghosts well humans are screwed-up creatures. that's one theory for why aliens haven't visited us yet: there's no intelligent life in here LOL and don't forget it's the religious people who believe in all sorts of crazy things in the first place

yeah there's no evidence of aliens yet. but as dr d and carl sagan said: absence of evidence is not evidence of absence we have sampled a very tiny percentage of the sky in search for alien signals. that's like scooping up a cup of sea water and declaring that there's no fish in the sea

as suggested, go look up the drake equation

a survey done at the national academy of sciences i.e. elite scientists. 72% are atheist. 21% are agnostic. today's scientists aren't religious anymore but back then religion was the only game in town. go figure. even einstein didn't believe in a personal god i.e. a god who listens to your prayers and wants to be worshipped. isaac newton was a crazy man who was obsessed with alchemy and died a virgin, so don't name-drop him please LOL

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    maybe there is advanced life around us!
    but they have a prime directive, dis-allowing them from announcing their presence to us. so that we may evolve naturally.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Reminds me of the ants in the jungle hypothesis.

“The so-called ants-in-the-jungle hypothesis would have us unaware of ETI [Extraterrestrial Intelligence] for the same reason that ants in a jungle may be unaware of people – no person has ever just happened by. People are beyond their sensory horizon…ETI may be beyond our intellectual horizon; some of the phenomena that we already see may be associated with ETI, but we don’t understand.”

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    They became "modernize", am I correct? Look at the world now. Look at the Philippines. Are we still living in huts and caves? Are we still using bows and arrows to hunt? Are we still using sticks to make fire? Lmao!
    At what cost? How many lives?

NATIVE AMERICAN GENOCIDE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast