New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 125 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1625
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I placed a 2.0hp split type panasonic in a 40 sqm place. Runs very cold. Never needed any upgrade. Although, when aircon installer measured my place, they recommended a 2.5 hp unit and dangled a no warranty clause on install. I cut them off and told them to just install the unit.

I don't have any heat sources like a kitchen in my place. So if u plan on cooking while aircon is on. Might get plenty hot fast. 2.5hp and up (fans) for u. If u have a fridge also in ur place, that's a heat source also. 24/7 pa yun.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    the compressor will never even reach 10-50% regulation during the day time. regulating that 20C will be difficult. is the ceiling insulated? using fans do not drop the temps. the AC will still try to reach the target temps, this means the compressor will run more than 50% (power consumption of almost 1500w? guesstimation lng)

no name brands might not have spare parts readily available though these won't fail that fast.
    Thanks! So compressor will be just be worked out 50% max? Then it won't be too burdened then? Plan to just set temp 24-25C. I think our ceiling is sort of insulated because we made another ceiling before without taking out the old one. Really tempted with the Matrix brand because it's cheaper. Around P35k compared to around P50k for the branded ones. But yeah worried about the spare parts nga. So what brands should I stock too?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    How about Matrix brand? Any reviews? They’re relatively cheaper than the other brands.

Plan to put a 2.5 split type for the house. It’s an open type living, dining, & kitchen. Sqm is a bit over the required area. I saw that max for a 3.5hp is 43sqm. I measured the whole area & it’s around 48sqm. I haven’t subtracted the cabinets of the kitchen yet though. Would that be ok? I’ll probably just use electric fans to compensate if it’s not cool enough?
    Sorry what I meant was what I read was max of 2.5hp (not 3.5hp) is around 43sqm.

Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    I placed a 2.0hp split type panasonic in a 40 sqm place. Runs very cold. Never needed any upgrade. Although, when aircon installer measured my place, they recommended a 2.5 hp unit and dangled a no warranty clause on install. I cut them off and told them to just install the unit.

I don't have any heat sources like a kitchen in my place. So if u plan on cooking while aircon is on. Might get plenty hot fast. 2.5hp and up (fans) for u. If u have a fridge also in ur place, that's a heat source also. 24/7 pa yun.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your insight! Yeah my worry is the heat coming from the kitchen. If 2.0hp is ok with your 40sqm, then I guess a 2.5hp would be ok with my 48sqm.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    My parents bought a York 1.5hp. Install took 2 days because the installer drilled through an embedded rain drainpipe.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Heat from the fridge is not much of an issue. The stove will be the main heat source. We threw out the gas range and replaced it with a single-burner tabletop induction stove. No sweat even with a rice cooker and slow cooker going full blast in close proximity.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    common and obvious issues that can defeat the aircon:
    1. celing/roof. does the sun hit directly? consider insulation.
    2. walls, especially firewalls. planting to lend shadows to the firewall, helps.
    3. foot traffic and door openings. bahay ba o officina/tindahan?

kung mamalasin,
    even doubling the aircon capacity won't do the trick.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    My parents bought a York 1.5hp. Install took 2 days because the installer drilled through an embedded rain drainpipe.

York pala has one of the most critical clients in the world. They serve the center of moon worshipers.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    York pala has one of the most critical clients in the world. They serve the center of moon worshipers.
    Dude you have an issue or something with me? Leave my parents out of it.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Dude you have an issue or something with me? Leave my parents out of it.

its tech talk,

https://www.zawya.com/mena/en/life/s...SNG_175286946/

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Na-appreciate ko yun LG split ko. The cover for the filter is thick, the snap-on feels like it will last 10yrs or so. The Split Gree's I have are slightly thinner compared to the LGs. Both have bad mesh filters though. I wish they were finer to avoid clogging the evap.
    Bro I think the mesh filters are just there to catch the bigger particles like lint. It'll be pretty troublesome to keep cleaning finer spaced mesh coz it clogs faster. Although like any filter they do pick up the smaller particles eventually when close to clogged. A fine filter will also affect efficiency, as the unit will have to work harder to suck in air. The spacing in between evap fins also determines service interval somewhat. The closer the fins are together, the easier they are to fill up with dirt.

Split Type Aircon: Which is best?