New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    I remember this! hehehe! Puro PLDT bashing ang ginawa ng former owner ng pldt.com. Now, the company PLDT owns the pldt.com domain after it expired with the former anti-pldt owner. (forgot the name though)
    so there's my answer. thanks! sayang, pwede pagkakitaan yon a. hehe

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Happened to us early this year as well.
    ---> Papaano niyo nabawi yung domain ninyo chief?

Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    That's how way things work and what they did is legal & legitimate.

Actually, they are not interested in the hits that your website is getting. Reselling it back to you at a profit is what they are after.
    ---> Yes, I know. I only used the word "robbed" because that's exactly what I felt when I received the mail from my new host telling me that my old domain is already taken. I mean, shucks, at first I thought "who would want my whole name as their domain?".

And yes, upon further investigation, I also found out that old and established TLDs like my [previous, original] domain are being sold in an auction- ranging from USD300 to 5K! So maybe, I'll just wait till next year. Baka hindi na rin nila irenew. Kahit sa U.S. pa ako nagwowork and earning USD, hindi ko pa rin papatusin raket nila. As for now, settle na lang muna ako sa .PH na domain siguro (shucks, bad trip pa dito sa atin, sobrang mahal ng local domain natin!).

Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    actually, ganyan talaga yan as david posted. unahan ang reservation ng domain names eh, tapos unahan din ang pagbayad. if i remember it right, happened to PLDT na eh. they are supposed to use lang the http://www.pldt.com domain, pero naunahan sila ng isang idealistic association na anti-pldt monopoly. they ended up using the http://www.pldt.com.ph domain.

and style namin dito sa office is inaassume na namin yung mga pwedeng kuning domain related to the company, tapos nag susubscribe na kami for three years. so within three years, walang makakakuha ng domain na yun dahil naka reserve sa amin. whether we use it or not, it is still our company's right to use it as long as it is reserved and subscribed by us. in fact, we ended up nga with 12 domains subscribed pero isa lang ang ginagamit. before it expires, we decide here whether to continue reserving that domain, drop some of it, and create/reserve/subscribe to new domains.
    hth.
    Actually, yung original owner ng PLDT.COM (Philippine Lap Dance Troupe... hehehe!) eh nauna yata talaga by 1 or 2 years sa PLDT Co. sa pagpaparegister nung domain. Ngayon, siguro napagkasunduan na nila sa price kasi nare-redirect na sa PLDT.COM.PH eh. IMO, napakaslim ng chance na makalimutang iparenew ito nung previous owner. Mahina na milyon siguro ang nakuha niya doon.

Anyways, baka bayaran ko na lang nga din in advance yung pinasubscribe ko na domain ngayon. Medyo mahal kasi (Php1950/year for a .PH domain WTF) so baka sa January ko na mapaextend.

Thanks for all the replies!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ph domain ba kinuha sa'yo? kung ph, malamang insider yan bebenta nga sa'yo. 1950 a year? I had our company registered sa dot.ph sa emerald 2 months back. 3500 for 2 years.

Internet piracy

Quote Originally Posted by Kikkomann
    ---> Papaano niyo nabawi yung domain ninyo chief?
    I believe it was Bigberts.com...

paano nabawi? They bought it back.

Why did you get the com.ph domain? Why not get a cheaper .com domain?

And yes, upon further investigation, I also found out that old and established TLDs like my [previous, original] domain are being sold in an auction- ranging from USD300 to 5K! So maybe, I'll just wait till next year. Baka hindi na rin nila irenew. Kahit sa U.S. pa ako nagwowork and earning USD, hindi ko pa rin papatusin raket nila. As for now, settle na lang muna ako sa .PH na domain siguro (shucks, bad trip pa dito sa atin, sobrang mahal ng local domain natin!).
    Yes this is the best way to handle this if you don't wanna fork out cash to buy your domain name back.

It also happened to us twice, because we forgot to renew our domain name. I believe godaddy has this auto-renew feature which is pretty usefull and you should use this if you plan to keep your domain name for a long time. I don't know about the local domain name registrars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Someone Robbed Me of My [Internet] Domain Name