New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Well, leave it to Microsoft to release a software update that will fix 10 bugs and introduce 20. :D

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Well, leave it to Microsoft to release a software update that will fix 10 bugs and introduce 20. :D
    Sino may sabi na WP7 is the future of all smartphones...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Sino may sabi na WP7 is the future of all smartphones...
    WP7 is just geared towards creating another phone ecosystem like iOS and Android. As of date, these three OSes are the only ones that has their very own Apps Store.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003

at least inamin na patay na ang Symbian OS...

Quote Originally Posted by hondaboot View Post
    buti lagay mo chart. kasi Nokia owns Symbian. it bought Symbian in 2008.

now that Nokia and MS are partners not hardware manufacturer lang ha. all app deployments of Symbian and Nokia Store will be handled by Microsoft and

Nokia in turn will drop Symbian and adopt Windows Phone 7 as their flagship in smartphones. main reason why Nokia is dropping Symbian, it will not be maximized in the upcoming Dual Core Devices of which Microsoft is the leader as seen on laptops.

since Symbian is basically Java Programming apps din naman like Android, lilipat lang ang Java apps ng bagong bahay OS which is Windows Phone 7.

so yun 31% sa chart, gawin mo lang Windows Phone 7.

and then bilang ka pa ilang years, mabubuset ang mga tao synchronising their Androids or IOS with their Windows 7 based laptops. while kami Windows Phone 7 for mobile and Windows 7 for laptop. halos wala na siguro conversion / synchronization dito

==

dun naman sa Honeycomb hello, it's still ver 2.4. ano gagawin ni Google, stop nasa 2.3 yun pang smartphone eh di lalo sila bagsak. Honeycomb pa din lagay sa Smartphones coz tablets and smartphones will have same dual core procs

==

and of course, andyan na ang Xbox Live and of course, the Kinect. wala si Google nor Apple nyan. incorporate gaming sa Windows Mobile 7 and you've got the market share of the gamers too

==

Zuckerberg's next conquest will be IM Messaging coz he is so focused on FB Chat to make it an FB Phone that's why there is now an FB Phone based of FB Chat. and with MS bing as its decision AI-like search engine.

the monopoly is set! to all of you guys, mark this thread and post 3-5 years from now. and you'll believe

----

pero kung analyze nyo lang talaga personality ni Bill Gates. i doubt that he is keen on full marketing Windows Phone 7, smokescreen lang yan to divert the competitors. punta ka sa secret lab niyan, and sigurado what they're developing is Windows 7 for Smartphones, yes the ones we have on laptops.

so one O.S. for all laptops, smartphones, tablets. yan ang final agenda.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    i don't get why they took out multi-tasking too. the OS is going backwards...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang problem sa Microsoft OS, iba ibang hardware manufacturers ang gumagamit, so iba-ibang hardware configurations and features. Mas may potential magkaproblem.

Unlike Apple, sila gumagawa ng hardware and software.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rael View Post
    i don't get why they took out multi-tasking too. the OS is going backwards...
    they went the tombstoning route - saving the application state when it exits so that it restores back to the same state when relaunching the app. this frees up resources making for a more responsive gadget not to mention extending the battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    Ang problem sa Microsoft OS, iba ibang hardware manufacturers ang gumagamit, so iba-ibang hardware configurations and features. Mas may potential magkaproblem.

Android is in the same boat but they have been pretty successfull so far. hindi lang talaga maganda history ng Windows mobile platform.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/26/w...veloper-atten/

Windows Phone and BlackBerry struggle to attract developer attention
    By Terrence O'Brien posted Apr 26th 2011 6:11PM

We're taking this with a grain of salt, since it applies only to users of the cross-platform Appcelerator Titanium development environment, but it appears that Windows Phone 7 is facing an increasingly uphill battle for mobile mind-share. At this point it should go without saying that a platform lives and dies by its developers and, according to Appcelerator, they're growing less and less interested in creating apps for Microsoft's smartphone OS. Only 29-percent of devs responded to the company's quarterly survey that they were "very interested" in putting their wares on WP7, a fall of 7 points from last quarter and far less than market leaders Android and iOS. News is even worse for RIM, which saw a fall of 11-points in developer interest for BlackBerry, and now trails the folks from Redmond. Again, this survey is based only on the responses of 2,760 developers using a particular product, so we'd refrain from calling the results incontrovertible. Still, it reinforces something that even a casual observer could discern: BlackBerry and Windows Phone 7 have a tough row to hoe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post

WP7 is sort of in between iOS and Android. Microsoft specify on what processor/speed/spec to use, also camera shutter is a hardware button. Manufacturers also can not install GUI on top of the Operating system ie Touchwiz (Samsung), Sense(HTC), Motoblur (Motorola) etc....

I had a WP7 for almost a month (returned). It is a Samsung Focus, very fast and stable, the UI is almost zero learning curve, you only swipe once from the live tiles to the rest of your apps. I really like the WP7/Samsung Focus combo, the phone has super amoled 4" screen, very light and thin and yet the battery last very long. Facebook integration is awesome. Windows Xbox live games are second to none (superb graphics), camera/video is also great. What I don't like, not to many apps when I had it (about 5000 apps around March) I felt like having a very capable phone and yet there is nothing much you can do to it. Internet Explorer sucks, there is no Opera Mini or Skyfire back then, I don't know about now. Apps tend to be more expensive. I waited for the first update (NoDo) which never came during that time. Overall I really like the phone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
So who's sporting a Windows Phone 7?