New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 720 of 815 FirstFirst ... 620670710716717718719720721722723724730770 ... LastLast
Results 7,191 to 7,200 of 8142
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Samsung should really improve their exynos for their flagship or just use SD chips. Even if SD remain better , if exynos could come even at 98% performance and battery efficiency or even just equally good, that would be acceptable imho.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I think naka-2 years (or more) nang best seller ng Samsung ang "A" series

Top Android smartphones: These are the best-selling phones in the 'post-premium era' | ZDNet

The Galaxy S line isn’t selling well anymore, and that could be a good thing | Android Authority

IMO, Samsung's "S" line is more of a demo unit of various phone parts na available from Samsung.

Camera+Screen+Phone+Memory+Processor

Same time, flagship sila pareho ng Note. - pero 2020 na ano pa ba ang pwede nila ilagay sa phone para pilahan sya ulit ng possible buyers?

Halos incremental improvement na lang from last Gen...
    The second article doesn't take into full account the Note, which has increased in significance vis a vis the S in recent years. More people who go for flagships go for a Note rather an S these days. Ancedotal, but most of us with Samsung phones in the office have Notes instead of S.

Galaxy Note 1 sales shatter previous records in South Korea - SamMobile

As for upgrades, typically new design and class-leading cameras are what people upgrade for. The S20 and Note 20 don't offer either of that vs the S10/Note 10. On the other side of the fence, the iPhone 11 was a significant step up camera-wise vs the XS. And the 12 is an all-new design altogether.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; July 11th, 2020 at 10:37 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The second article doesn't take into full account the Note, which has increased in significance vis a vis the S in recent years. More people who go for flagships go for a Note rather an S these days. Ancedotal, but most of us with Samsung phones in the office have Notes instead of S.

Galaxy Note 1? sales shatter previous records in South Korea - SamMobile

As for upgrades, typically new design and class-leading cameras are what people upgrade for. The S20 and Note 20 don't offer either of that vs the S10/Note 10. On the other side of the fence, the iPhone 11 was a significant step up camera-wise vs the XS. And the 12 is an all-new design altogether.

IMO. the Note sells well because it is released towards the end of summer (fall) "bonus season" for us Asians.

S vs Note? gone are the days when the Note will have better specs, the last Note that was released with the newest version of Android was the Note 2 (it was released with Jelly Bean out of the box)

From S4 / Note3 the Note was just a bigger phone with Stylus and smaller battery

You need to change phones every 2 years to appreciate the "advancement," yearly upgrades are just too incremental... Except for the iPhone whose camera quality vastly improved from the older versions, masama naman talaga camera ng iPhone 10/10r/8!

If you follow the 2 year rule... You should be using a Note 9 now... The Note 20 will give you a better S-Pen, In-screen fingerprint sensor and 4K/60 video.

5. Join Date
    May 2016
    However tempting this looks, I try my best to stay away from Chinese brands now.

Sadly very limited na lang options, Samsung Apple Sony. LG pulled out na. Even then, these are mostly made in China.

Was looking forward to the S20/Note20 for my next unit pero we get the disappointing Exynos 990 na nag ooverheat pa when gaming. Unacceptable for a flagship.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    IMO. the Note sells well because it is released towards the end of summer (fall) "bonus season" for us Asians.

S vs Note? gone are the days when the Note will have better specs, the last Note that was released with the newest version of Android was the Note 2 (it was released with Jelly Bean out of the box)

From S4 / Note3 the Note was just a bigger phone with Stylus and smaller battery

You need to change phones every 2 years to appreciate the "advancement," yearly upgrades are just too incremental... Except for the iPhone whose camera quality vastly improved from the older versions, masama naman talaga camera ng iPhone 10/10r/8!

If you follow the 2 year rule... You should be using a Note 9 now... The Note 20 will give you a better S-Pen, In-screen fingerprint sensor and 4K/60 video.
    Have been upgrading every year, may benefits naman.

Note 4 to Note 5 - better camera, UI, aesthetics
    Note 5 to S7 Edge - speed, camera, size
    S7 to S8 - speed, aesthetics
    S8 to Note 10 - speed, camera, aesthetics

Etong Note 10 to Note 20 di malaki camera upgrade, downgrade in aesthetics, CPU doesn't look like a big jump, tapos sobrang mas malaki pa (6.7" vs 6.3"). So no choice but to skip for now.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Samsung should really improve their exynos for their flagship or just use SD chips. Even if SD remain better , if exynos could come even at 98% performance and battery efficiency or even just equally good, that would be acceptable imho.
    What's even weird is Samsung makes the flagship Snapdragon processors for Qualcomm but they can't take a page from them.. May lumabas pang rumor na napagalitan yata yung SOC division nila dahil sa worse performance ng Exynos..

Sent from my H8266 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Have been upgrading every year, may benefits naman.

Note 4 to Note 5 - better camera, UI, aesthetics
    Note 5 to S7 Edge - speed, camera, size
    S7 to S8 - speed, aesthetics
    S8 to Note 10 - speed, camera, aesthetics

Etong Note 10 to Note 20 di malaki camera upgrade, downgrade in aesthetics, CPU doesn't look like a big jump, tapos sobrang mas malaki pa (6.7" vs 6.3"). So no choice but to skip for now.

man skipping this is an easy choice.

Samsux is like: hey Apple take a piece of my pie...

9. Join Date
    May 2019
    Nag-upgrade sa Android 10 itong Oppo Reno2 na gamit ko kahapon.. Ang daming bugs, as in.. naiirita ako.. Like may widget ako ng world clock, dati ang ganda.. Ngayon ang panget ng itsura.. yung mute notifications di ko din gets.. bakit may tunog pa din.. nawala lang yung pop-up. natuwa lang ako sa dark mode.. tapos yung alarm sound naiba!! madami pa ako na encounter.. hirap isa-isahin.. gusto ko pa naman UI nya before upgrade..
    Sana maayos nila..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by misseksaherada View Post
    Nag-upgrade sa Android 10 itong Oppo Reno2 na gamit ko kahapon.. Ang daming bugs, as in.. naiirita ako.. Like may widget ako ng world clock, dati ang ganda.. Ngayon ang panget ng itsura.. yung mute notifications di ko din gets.. bakit may tunog pa din.. nawala lang yung pop-up. natuwa lang ako sa dark mode.. tapos yung alarm sound naiba!! madami pa ako na encounter.. hirap isa-isahin.. gusto ko pa naman UI nya before upgrade..
    Sana maayos nila..
    Probably isn't beta tested extensively kaya ganyan. Minadali coz late in the game na sila.

Sent from my SM-N960F/DS using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Smartphone and Cellphone Wars