New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I asked this last December 2008 at the NAIA Customs, during my X-Mas vacation.

As long as it is "one of a kind", there's no tax for returning OFWs. Unfortunately, I only inquired on this 32" LCD TV only.
    Last edited by chua_riwap; June 19th, 2009 at 05:13 AM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by archangel_1911
    I would like to revive this thread because I am planning to buy a 38" or more LCD TV here in the States since it is much cheaper than in the Philippines even if you combined the freight fee of the 2 balikbayan boxes.
    If you will surf the net you can get a 32 inches for as low as $500 here in California.

Have anyone tried shipping or transporting them as part of their baggage on their flight back? Did they collect any tax in the airport and how much?

Can you please share some tips and experiences that you encountered?

Thanks in advance
    The biggest balikbayan box i know can't fit a 38" lcd tv. You can arrange with your trusted freight courier if they can ship off shape/off size package. In fact, most of them forbids those items because of its fragile nature. If part of ur air transport baggage, certain airlines have weight and size restrictions, so you expect to pay extra. Phil customs do charge duties and taxes depending on the declared value of your item. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    I asked this last December 2008 at the NAIA Customs, during my X-Mas vacation.

As long as it is "one of a kind", there's no tax for returning OFWs. Unfortunately, I only inquired on this 32" LCD TV only.
    Thanks very much for your reply. But I am not an OFW but just a tourist that is coming back to our hometown. Do you think they will charge me with some tax and how much? I really dont have any idea.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by archangel_1911 View Post
    Thanks very much for your reply. But I am not an OFW but just a tourist that is coming back to our hometown. Do you think they will charge me with some tax and how much? I really dont have any idea.
    Yup. I think that rule only applies to OFWs.

Thank you very much to all replies, appreciate it very much.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Bro, with the equivalent of US500 here in the Phils, puede ka na rin makabili ng LCD TV sa ganung halaga mga P25k to 28k..baka nga mas mura na ngayun lalo...

Tip: Try mo tumingin sa Harisson Plaza, meron dun.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I just bought a good brand 32" lcd tv for Php25,500 from a Manila based online seller. PM me if you are interested. You don't have to worry about carrying it or paying taxes!

He carry Panasonic, LG, Samsung & Philips brands! Free delivery and installation in Metro Manila pa!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Shipping/Handling of LCD Monitor