Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    bilhin mo na lang yung computer shop ni ghosthunter sigurado na ang kita mo
    sold na po since Nov last year.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by threx666 View Post
    oo nga po pala sir,

mas recommended po ba yung AMD as CPU ?saan po ba mura na mga H/W ?greenhills?any other place to recommend yung supplier ng parts?

Switch kaya sir how much?Ilang ports kaya available yung ganito?router kaya any recommendations?

Initial plan is to set up mga 5 units muna !gumagawa pa ko ng maliit na feasibilty study kung mganda nga set up ng ganito bisnis kahit maliit muna!

Pls keep the infos flowing po
    You have to do a feasibility study of the business. Example, you can check how much the rent and other overhead like internet, electricity, salary of staff. Then you assume a number computers to have (5 or 8 or 12). Then assume the operating time of the shop, like 9:00 am to 10:pm. and compute the potential maximum gross income per day. Multiply the potential gross income value by a factor of 40% or 50%. Multiply the potential gross income by 26 (26 days per month).

Compare the overhead figures and the computed gross income values.

As for CPUs, I went for AMDs before since they were cheaper than Intel chips at the time. I personally don't see the difference in performance between the two processors. Just figure out which would give you better value for your money.

As for the network switch... well, depends on your space of your shop. If the shop fits 12 units yet you are initially planning to setup 5, why not get a 12 port switch? It would give you the capacity to size up with minimum of fuss on replacing/upgrading the switch.

Routers, well, I used to swear by Linksys but they have been undependable lately. I have been using TPLINK brand of routers (wifi models) and so far they seem to be more reliable than Linksys at a very affordable price too.

Another option with your network is to go fully WiFi since wifi components are pretty cheap these days. It would save you the effort of cabling your shop. And using 108Mbs WiFi-G/N networks would give you about the same network speeds as cabled setups. (TPLINK 108MBs WiFi router costs P2400). Just remember to setup the WiFi security properly.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by threx666 View Post
    yung parts po pala any idea kung saan makakakuha ng mura?pagdating po sa mga s/wares nay recommendations kung paano?dapat ba orig lahat?nyaay dikay OS p lng ded n ko?
    You can try getting a discount when buying your OS... Suggested is Windows XP.

You can try asking at "Abacus" at V-Mall in greenhills. They might be able to give you a discount if you buy your OS in "bulk".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Setting Up a Small Computer Business,Ano Ano H/W kailangan?