New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Mga sirs, I just need some feedback regarding these two brands that have these 2-function capabilities. My daughter's on her first year as a college student. Her old 21-inch tv conked-out about a year ago. Tapos yung 7 year-old PC monitor ng desktop niya, bumigay din kailan lang. I was thinking that instead of buying two separate things, bilhin ko na lang sana yung tv/monitor combo para tipid na din in the long run sa kuryente. Anyone using something similar? Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Samsung 2333HD 23" Widescreen LCD Monitor, 1920x1080 (1080p) native resolution, 5ms response time, 10,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 300 cd/m˛ brightness

There is a promo w/free DVD portable player but I think its expired...

http://www.villman.com/Product-Detail/Samsung_2333hd

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=94698.0
    Last edited by Monseratto; June 5th, 2009 at 08:24 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    This was the Samsung LCD TV I saw earlier at SM Appliance Ctr. Meron siyang PC input.http://www.smappliance.com/productde...hp?id=10123242

Samsung 22" LCD TV,
    Model LA22A450

Product Features:

* Video
    * Screen Size : 22"
    * Resolution : 1,680 x 1,050
    * Viewing angle : 3,000:1
    * Dynamic Contrast Ratio : 170°/160°
    * Response Time : 5 ms
    * DNIe™ : DNIe+
    * Brightness : 300
    * Backlight : CCFL
    * Audio
    * Sound Output(RMS) : 3 W x 2
    * Sound Effect system : SRS Trusurround XT
    * Speaker : Bottom Speaker
    * Feature
    * Picture-in-Picture : 1 Tuner PIP
    * Auto Channel Search
    * Auto Power Off
    * Auto Volume Leveller
    * TTXT : 1,000p
    * Dimension
    * Set size(WXHXD) with Stand : 557.8 x 452.9 x 216mm
    * Set size(WXHXD) without Stand : 557.8 x 406.9 x 75mm
    * Package size(WXHXD) : 632 x 183 x 644mm
    * Weight
    * Set weight with stand : 7.3 kg
    * Set weight without stand : 5.9 kg
    * Package Weight : 9.9 kg
    * Accessory
    * Wall Mount : VESA Standard
    * Remote Control : TM95
    * Input & Output(back)
    * HDMI
    * Composite(AV) : 1
    * S-Video : 1
    * PC input (D-sub) : 1
    * Component(Y/Pb/Pr): 1
    * Headphone : 1

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong View Post
    Mga sirs, I just need some feedback regarding these two brands that have these 2-function capabilities. My daughter's on her first year as a college student. Her old 21-inch tv conked-out about a year ago. Tapos yung 7 year-old PC monitor ng desktop niya, bumigay din kailan lang. I was thinking that instead of buying two separate things, bilhin ko na lang sana yung tv/monitor combo para tipid na din in the long run sa kuryente. Anyone using something similar? Thanks in advance!
    I use our 32" LCD tv as a pc monitor. Besides being wonderful for surfing (huge text), I can also use PinP to watch tv in a window without taking any of the computer's resources.

The real resolution is only 1280 x 768 with 720P. But you know what? It looks great for my needs.

This is an older pic. But, the only change I've made since is replacing those speakers with my Logitech Z-2300's.

If you're going to use a Mac, make sure the tv is 1080P-capable. Both of our Mac Minis can't do 720P well. 1080P is fine, though.

Obviously, a 22" tv will only do 720P. But, it's a just in case sort of thing if you decide to buy a bigger tv.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 5th, 2009 at 09:59 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Can't say anything about the LG unit but since I have a Samsung T240HD(a bigger relative of the 22") I would say that the picture quality is impressive for double duty.

I use it both as a PC monitor and a back-up tv. Since most of over-the-air TV broadcast here in the US are displayed at 720i or p, I can say that the resolution is above my expectations.

To enjoy the monitor's full potential, use HDMI connectors.

Just my two cents

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    you could also get a lcd monitor only and buy a tv tuner pci or usb for the PC. but hindi tipid kuryente wise...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'm also planning to buy a samsung tv/lcd. though not the 22" balak ko was 26" pero gusto ko talaga was the 32" yun nga lang sobrang nakakalula na sa room ko.

I was also looking for the PIP function at first para pwede manood while using the computer, pero one push of the button lang naman to transfer from tv to pc and yung price is totally different from the one with PIP.

26" Samsung T260HD Widescreen HDTV 23000php

eto yung samsung T260HD

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Not Korean but.....How about this 20" Sony LCD (Bravia). Pwede ring PC monitor ito......

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hmmm. I thought my current set up looked the same as a few months ago. I guess not.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Thank you for the feedback! I guess I'll stick with the Samsung 22" TV/monitor combo for now. They're selling it for a little over P20k. Zero interest kaya puwede ko na hulugan ng 6 months. Salamat, salamat!

Samsung & LG 22" LCD TV/PC Monitor combo