New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I had mine unlocked 2 weekends ago in Greenhills. They finally have the unlock!!!!

Mahal lang.... I paid 2k to unlock my Galaxy S 9000 (from Globe)

This is a great phone at half the price of an iPhone 4 !!!!!!! I love it. If I want to play iPhone games, i just use my iPad
    OMG 2k for the unlock

there is an unlock procedure at the xda forums. No special hardware needed

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I'm liking Androids toys... some of this stuff you can't get on the iPhone yet.

Only problem with the Galaxy is the battery life... when I'm using 3G and the maps app, I'm lucky to get a full day from the charge (I go around a lot for inspections, and I was playing with the maps thingie for fun).
    There is an alternative to the maps app, Navidroyd. It will work without the 3g connection and only use the gps hardware of the Galaxy S. Flashing it to a different firmware would be better, the one globe provided has some services running in the background

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I think there will be a froyo update for this phone sometime in q4. Will just wait for it. I have opera browser and poker installed. Will try the stuff you guys mentioned. Really love it for the screen and it's web browsing prowess.

O/t but my main phone is still the nokia e90. Can't live without a keypad for texting.
    Froyo update is coming this month(Sept.) there is already a leaked beta from samsung. :D

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've heard about that update.

Quote Originally Posted by kojie View Post
    There is an alternative to the maps app, Navidroyd. It will work without the 3g connection and only use the gps hardware of the Galaxy S. Flashing it to a different firmware would be better, the one globe provided has some services running in the background
    Thanks... will try that one.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    bump ko lang....i saw an ad that it's available at samsung concept shops. Dunno if it's still locked with Globe though; confirmed the Globe exclusivity thing with support , til December nga daw

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    How much ba sa atin ito? Dito sa Saudi, SR 2,400 (P28K+), open line.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    the cheapest i've spotted is at Greenhills Theatre Mall, Gadget Planet ata ung name...something like 29k+++ daw, i'm assuming open line na.

Globe is selling it at around 33k i think.

My contact at Samsung Concept Store - Megamall tells me the SRP is 33,990...grabe taga!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I am planning to buy one in the next couple of days....

Anyone who has this phone (Galaxy S)?

1. Does it hang/freeze a lot?

2. Have you encountered any problem sending/receiving SMS or phone call (most important features for me, among others)?

3. How's the response of the user interface? Is it fast or it freezes once in a while?

4. How's the battery life? How often do you need to charge your unit?

5. Did you encounter any difficulty synchronizing your contacts and calendar with your google account?

6. How are the other applications?

7. Any other comments on the phone?

Thanks so much for your inputs.

13.0K:funa:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Samsung will soon release the sucessor to the Galaxy S, simply named Galaxy S 2 i9100. This is THE android phone among the current crop of SUPER PHONES spec wise. Dual core 1.2 GHZ and comes bundled with Android Gingerbread 2.3. However, this will be exclusive to Globe.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/28/s...y-s-ii-review/

For a handset with such a broad range of standout features and specs, the Galaxy S II is remarkably easy to summarize. It's the best Android smartphone yet, but more importantly, it might well be the best smartphone, period. Of course, a 4.3-inch screen size won't suit everyone, no matter how stupendously thin the device that carries it may be, and we also can't say for sure that the Galaxy S II would justify a long-term iOS user foresaking his investment into one ecosystem and making the leap to another. Nonetheless, if you're asking us what smartphone to buy today, unconstrained by such externalities, the Galaxy S II would be the clear choice. Sometimes it's just as simple as that.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn-1dkq_dvk"]YouTube - Samsung Galaxy S II Review[/ame]
    Last edited by Monseratto; May 5th, 2011 at 10:13 AM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Forgot to mention that these units are on sale,- like P23690 for the AMOLED and P17190 for the regular LCD.....

Do you own the current Galaxy S, bro.?

How is it?

13.0K:funa:
    Last edited by CVT; May 5th, 2011 at 10:12 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Samsung I9000 Galaxy S