New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    i believe so too. Samsung stores have been opened sa Greenhills. wala ng Nokia store dun or any other concept stores for other popular manufacturers. if Samsung is confident enough to live side by side with the hackers/buy and sells/fake phones of Greenhills, then they must have a very good sales forecast.

Sony/Panasonic and other japanese electronics are just redundant items yet expensive. we are just paying additional premiums for a country that has high standard of living. though CDRking led tv's are good haha, we bought some in the office, 8 months going strong. half pa ng price ng samsung tv's lol

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    aside from competition from the Koreans, the Japanese are losing coz of the strong yen

they have to move production overseas

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sony might consider throwing in the towel concerning their TV business, and Samsung isn't exactly enjoying great TV sales either... cheap China is hurting their margins.

Sony's Hirai refuses to abandon dire TV business - Yahoo! News

Struggling Japanese entertainment giant Sony will not abandon its cash-bleeding television business, its incoming CEO says, but he acknowledges tough decisions lie ahead including over redundancies.

Kazuo Hirai said TVs were a vital part of the once-mighty company and vowed the division, which has been haemorrhaging money for the best part of a decade, would be back in the black by 2014.

"I view televisions as very important and an integral product category for Sony," Hirai told reporters at the firm's Tokyo headquarters on Thursday.

"It's one device that most consumers have in their home to enjoy all their visual content, sometimes audio content as well.

"And so I think it's very difficult to imagine Sony getting out of the TV business. It's basically at the centre of every entertainment experience."

In common with other television makers, Sony has been hit hard by fierce competition and decreasing margins, with consumers seemingly less willing to put down big sums for cutting edge living room technology.

Last week, Sony more than doubled its full-year net loss forecast to 220 billion yen ($2.9 billion), up from 90 billion yen previously.

The vast bulk of that loss -- 175 billion yen -- is expected in the television business.

Adding insult to injury, credit rating agency Standard & Poor's on Wednesday lowered its assessment of the company's creditworthiness one notch to BBB+, laying the blame squarely at the door of the TV sector.
    Samsung says considering spinning off LCD business - Yahoo! News

Reuters – 21 hrs ago..

SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co said on Wednesday it was considering spinning off its loss-making LCD flat-screen business in a surprise move as it seeks to orient its components business towards OLED displays, touted as the next-generation technology that will replace LCD TVs.

The LCD industry has been mired in a slump since the second half of 2010 and looks set to become a low-growth commodity type technology with greater competition from low-cost Chinese manufacturers, according to industry studies.

Many analysts had expected Samsung would take full direct control of its OLED flat-screen business and merge it with the LCD operation to utilize part of LCD production capacity in making the more profitable new displays.

The surprise move also underscores the severe market conditions that the LCD industry is facing.

Samsung's South Korean rival LG Display has been loss making for the fifth consecutive quarter, while Japan's Sharp Corp forecast a record 290 billion yen ($3.70 billion) net loss for the year to March as a slump in TV sales forced it to halve output at a western Japan LCD plant.

Samsung ended its liquid crystal display (LCD) joint venture with Sony Corp recently.

"A spin-off will allow Samsung to focus more on OLED and also broaden its LCD customer base to companies that have shunned Samsung due to the fact that they are in direct competition with it in finished products such as televisions and computers," Seo Won-seok, an analyst at Korea Investment & Securities.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    a TV regardless if it's CRT or LCD or LED is still a dumb terminal. nowadays, sa sobrang bilis ng buhay, most of us maximize even our spare time. we try to choose what we watch and that's why youtube / *******s are very popular.

this January lang, i barely opened our bedroom TV bec. I watched most movies/tv series (walking dead etc) directly from my laptop at the comfort of my own bed lol. kasi sobrang effort pa to load the downloaded movies/series to a usb then copy it to your LCD TV's media player.

I like the jailbreaked Apple TV though. pagka-download mo sa movies/series or even youtube, stream over the wifi lang and it displays on your TV screen .

given that and given also that CDRking's LED TV's are also 1 year warranty with just about half-the price of branded Koreans/Japanese TV's, sa CDRKing na ako. dumb display lang naman yan. madali palitan. imagine a 32" LED CDRKing costs only 12K while the 40" is in the 16K price range lang.

sayang nga yun naka-display sa electronics boutique some 2 weeks ago, a 50" Coby LED TV at 44K tapos pag cash daw, they can drop to 38K. 1 year warranty din

---

Samsung has a future not bec. of their electronics but bec. of their gadgets. sila lang ang pinakamalaki market penetration ng Android. and just like the way of the world, kailangan ng mundo ng hi-end (Apple) and masa (Android). others, either too late (like Windows Mobile) or too primitive na.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    Sony/Panasonic and other japanese electronics are just redundant items yet expensive. we are just paying additional premiums for a country that has high standard of living. though CDRking led tv's are good haha, we bought some in the office, 8 months going strong. half pa ng price ng samsung tv's lol
    My father-in-law is still a Sony die hard. We've been telling him to get a Samsung TV but he still got the pricier Sony, which conked out after two years.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    a TV regardless if it's CRT or LCD or LED is still a dumb terminal. nowadays, sa sobrang bilis ng buhay, most of us maximize even our spare time. we try to choose what we watch and that's why youtube / *******s are very popular.

this January lang, i barely opened our bedroom TV bec. I watched most movies/tv series (walking dead etc) directly from my laptop at the comfort of my own bed lol. kasi sobrang effort pa to load the downloaded movies/series to a usb then copy it to your LCD TV's media player.

I like the jailbreaked Apple TV though. pagka-download mo sa movies/series or even youtube, stream over the wifi lang and it displays on your TV screen .

given that and given also that CDRking's LED TV's are also 1 year warranty with just about half-the price of branded Koreans/Japanese TV's, sa CDRKing na ako. dumb display lang naman yan. madali palitan. imagine a 32" LED CDRKing costs only 12K while the 40" is in the 16K price range lang.

sayang nga yun naka-display sa electronics boutique some 2 weeks ago, a 50" Coby LED TV at 44K tapos pag cash daw, they can drop to 38K. 1 year warranty din

---

Samsung has a future not bec. of their electronics but bec. of their gadgets. sila lang ang pinakamalaki market penetration ng Android. and just like the way of the world, kailangan ng mundo ng hi-end (Apple) and masa (Android). others, either too late (like Windows Mobile) or too primitive na.

Saan store yan 50" Coby LED TV for 38K??

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    lowest price in the market talaga ang CDR king lcd/led tv

compared to coby mahal pa ang coby haha

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Saan store yan 50" Coby LED TV for 38K??
    Why buy a 50" COLBY when you can buy a SAMSUNG 51" for the same price.

Sights and Sound Shang Mall 4/F.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Is samsung the future?