New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    well it's not that bad coz i haven't died from food poisoning LOL. i placed an aquarium thermometer to get some hard numbers. it only hits 4 degrees C during the night when it's not getting opened, so during the day it's like 8 degrees. . compared to my other ref which is a sanyo frost-free which actually freezes your food in the ref section if you set it to coldest

the LG seems to be optimized for silence and low energy consumption

btw it's got a self diagnosis. you install a phone app then the ref "chirps" using the speaker, then the app deciphers the chirps and gives you system status, number of times you opened the door, etc

so would i buy it again? probably not. but it's fine if you only got like 2 people in the house. bad choice if there are lots of kids constantly opening the ref
    I haven't checked the actual temp of our panasonic ref but according to manual ganyan din temp ng fridge. Wala bang settings na max, medium, min?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    I'll check our Samsung unit tom kung ano capacity nya and settings na ginagawa ng wife ko, I'm shocked that you have 2 refs, down from 5! And one is a 15 cuft. and 3 lang kayo sa house plus pets. I think ours is a 10 cuft, and even with leftovers, the only time it's super full is when we do a lot of dishes in the weekend for the coming weekdays. Inaayos lang ang kamada and come week end, halos empty na. Even our freezer, Puno lang yan after grocery run.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Do you mean this model is BELOW standards of how cold a ref should be or does it meet the minimum lang? Does that mean I should look into other brands?

We have two kids at home - myself and fat lab LOL. And yes, I do open the ref a lot and it's almost always 100% full. (We are down from 5 refs to 2 though kumonti din kasi kami sa bahay)

doc, what can you say with the performance of your ref? Vodka is not very happy with his Yung ref portion ng sayo hindi din gaano malamig?

walang kariton na dumadaan samin doc e. If I need to junk anything kailangan dalhin sa junk shop or pinapakuha ko sa husband ng labandera namin but that ref is too big it's 15 cu ft e you know that size naman

LG recommends 2.8 C. but the ref is simply incapable of hitting 2.8c even after a whole night w/ shut door but then again i haven't noticed any food spoilage issues so it's actually good enough. it's like a 7-seater w/ 1.5 engine, spacious but weak engine, just barely adequate

also i've read some bad things about their linear compressor. seems to fail a lot. i don't know why they use linear instead of something more conventional. compressor warranty is 10yrs but doesn't cover labor and misc costs after the bumper-to-bumper warranty expires. like i said i probably won't buy it again

PS i really wanted to get another sanyo. i also got a sanyo personal mini ref for maybe 15yrs now. works perfectly and no rust!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    I'll check our Samsung unit tom kung ano capacity nya and settings na ginagawa ng wife ko, I'm shocked that you have 2 refs, down from 5! And one is a 15 cuft. and 3 lang kayo sa house plus pets. I think ours is a 10 cuft, and even with leftovers, the only time it's super full is when we do a lot of dishes in the weekend for the coming weekdays. Inaayos lang ang kamada and come week end, halos empty na. Even our freezer, Puno lang yan after grocery run.
    Really? Baka nga kaya nasira kaagad ref namin kasi parating punong puno

5 refs nung complete pa kami sa bahay (2 sa kitchen, 1 sa dirty kitchen, 1 sa dining, 1 sa master's) My Dad stocks up on food kasi hang out place bahay namin. My brother has lots of friends who come over and my ex Kuya (cousin) regularly drops by at our house to eat (kaya he is like a brother to me) Mga tauhan namin puro lalaki din. My Dad always tell us that he would rather that we bring our friends over sa bahay kesa nasa labas kami Dad ko sa Laguna or Quezon namimili at friends niya mga tao sa palengke hehehe.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

LG recommends 2.8 C. but the ref is simply incapable of hitting 2.8c even after a whole night w/ shut door but then again i haven't noticed any food spoilage issues so it's actually good enough. it's like a 7-seater w/ 1.5 engine, spacious but weak engine, just barely adequate

also i've read some bad things about their linear compressor. seems to fail a lot. i don't know why they use linear instead of something more conventional. compressor warranty is 10yrs but doesn't cover labor and misc costs after the bumper-to-bumper warranty expires. like i said i probably won't buy it again

PS i really wanted to get another sanyo. i also got a sanyo personal mini ref for maybe 15yrs now. works perfectly and no rust!
    I read the whole thread (buying a ref) and I crossed out Samsung kasi dami negative feedback from Tsikoteers. Panasonic is recommended but I am unhappy with our ref because it only lasted 9 yrs. Kaya I chose LG but apparently it's not that cold pala

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Really? Baka nga kaya nasira kaagad ref namin kasi parating punong puno
    I think I read somewhere na mas efficient ang ref pag puno, but dapat nakakacirculate ang air. Ours pala is 11cuft Samsung, we keep it at 2c or 3c depending on the outside temp and volume of contents, sakto sa reco ni LG pala.

Refs placed on normal mode pala is 4c, madali malanta ang lettuce pag ganito.

One hack we do with leftovers is that if we feel na matatagalan bago sya balikan, we put it sa freezer, so it not only lasts longer, but also decongests the fridge.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I think I read somewhere na mas efficient ang ref pag puno, but dapat nakakacirculate ang air. Ours pala is 11cuft Samsung, we keep it at 2c or 3c depending on the outside temp and volume of contents, sakto sa reco ni LG pala.

Refs placed on normal mode pala is 4c, madali malanta ang lettuce pag ganito.

One hack we do with leftovers is that if we feel na matatagalan bago sya balikan, we put it sa freezer, so it not only lasts longer, but also decongests the fridge.
    Ang high tech ng freezer niyo. Kita yung temperature? Yung samin basta naka max sa fridge tapos medium sa freezer

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Ang high tech ng freezer niyo. Kita yung temperature? Yung samin basta naka max sa fridge tapos medium sa freezer

to those interested,
    accessory digital thermometers are available, for those who wish to closely monitor their appliances' temperatures.
    "digital fridge thermometer."

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016

5 years old na yan last July, bought it for 28k din, 11 cuft, buti nga ngayon 28k pa rin, so mas mura na considering inflation.img_20211017_102311.jpg

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    to those interested,
    accessory digital thermometers are available, for those who wish to closely monitor their appliances' temperatures.
    "digital fridge thermometer."
    doc you did not answer my question on your current LG ref. Happy ka ba sa lamig ng fridge

5 years old na yan last July, bought it for 28k din, 11 cuft, buti nga ngayon 28k pa rin, so mas mura na considering inflation.img_20211017_102311.jpg
    Okay yan! May temp feature.

Nagtataka ako bakit yung 15 cu ft na LG that I am looking at 28k din pero may isang LG 11 cu ft na 28k. Baka pangit yung model that I am looking at pero konti lang kasi 15 cu ft model

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast