New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I agree with doc. Try mo, baka no need na for a receipt

Umandar ulit yung ref namin when I removed half of the laman. It seems like nagloloko pag puno

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I agree with doc. Try mo, baka no need na for a receipt

Umandar ulit yung ref namin when I removed half of the laman. It seems like nagloloko pag puno

remove the contents,
    then look around inside for vents that might be getting covered when the ref is stuffed with lots of food.
    include the freezer, as some of the cold from the freezer is designed to flow into the rest of the ref.

our ref was like that... intermittent mis-behavior.
    it finally went permanent.
    compressor died, according to the repairman.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    remove the contents,
    then look around inside for vents that might be getting covered when the ref is stuffed with lots of food.
    include the freezer, as some of the cold from the freezer is designed to flow into the rest of the ref.

our ref was like that... intermittent mis-behavior.
    it finally went permanent.
    compressor died, according to the repairman.
    I will wait for it to die na lang kaya? I'm unhappy because I was expecting it to last 20 yrs

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I will wait for it to die na lang kaya? I'm unhappy because I was expecting it to last 20 yrs

that's what i did to our old ref.
    i waited for it to die, before i got a replacement (delivered 4 days after it died; tagal kasi yung delivery schedule nila).
    but that's because we can afford the wait, as we have two refs in the house.

according to google,
    the expected lifespan of refs nowadays, is somewhat... controversial, as the number ranges from 10 to 12 to 14 to 18 years. take your pick.
    and if it's gonna cost about half of the price of a new one to repair, or if it's not energy-efficient, compared to the newer models, best to get a new one.

my personal rule of thumb,
    "get a new one after it breaks down for the third time."
    Last edited by dr. d; February 14th, 2022 at 10:54 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    according to google,
    the expected lifespan of refs nowadays, is 12 years.
    and if it's gonna cost about half of the price of a new one to repair, best to get a new one.
    So doc up to P15k for repair pwede pa? I think we bought it 2012 so only 9 yrs old

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    So doc up to P15k for repair pwede pa? I think we bought it 2012 so only 9 yrs old

buy!
    no telling if covid will throw us a curve ball that will cause lockdowns galore again.

then call goodwill industries to donate the ref.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    My fridge is reaching 2.3 C although it's set to max. I wonder if that's "fixed" and I should cancel the service this coming Wednesday.

Although I still want the technician to check the back, motors, fan, etc. Parang maintenance check na rin.

I'm still not hearing the sound of air escaping pag sara ng fridge. Is it a false memory? Hindi ba ba sumisirit ang inverter fridge pag sinasara? Our ref is quieter than usual.
    Last edited by BratPAQ; February 15th, 2022 at 12:12 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    My fridge is reaching 2.3 C although it's set to max. I wonder if that's "fixed" and I should cancel the service this coming Wednesday.

Although I still want the technician to check the back, motors, fan, etc. Parang maintenance check na rin.

I'm still not hearing the sound of air escaping pag sara ng fridge. Is it a false memory? Hindi ba ba sumisirit ang inverter fridge pag sinasara? Our ref is quieter than usual.
    let the service technician have a go at it, anyway.
    he might have an explanation for the seeming-intermittent symptom.
    "pms", if you will.

on another note,
    our workplace recently acquired a new ref, as the old one in-explicably died. two repairmen, one after the other, couldn't revive it.

one look inside the new ref, and i got this odd feeling that there was something wrong with it...
    suddenly, it hit me: it's not well-lighted inside!
    the LED was out front, and the inners weren't illuminated well-enough, unlike in our previous ref.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    let the service technician have a go at it, anyway.
    he might have an explanation for the seeming-intermittent symptom.
    "pms", if you will.

on another note,
    our workplace recently acquired a new ref, as the old one in-explicably died. two repairmen, one after the other, couldn't revive it.

one look inside the new ref, and i got this odd feeling that there was something wrong with it...
    suddenly, it hit me: it's not well-lighted inside!
    the LED was out front, and the inners weren't illuminated well-enough, unlike in our previous ref.
    Unlike our old ref na bulb lang na pwede ikaw mag palit. Our current ref is led na rin and according to the user manual technician dapat mag palit.

My fridge is reaching 0.4 C temp na although max settings. But yes, I'll still have the HVAC guy take a look at it. Yun nga lang may bayad na ₱400. And if it will need to replace part I have to pay since I don't have the receipt. The CS I called yesterday says I may be able to have get a printed receipt again from abenson. Ang hassle lang, maybe I'll pay the check up fee this time and if parts are needed that's the time I'll try to get receipt again at abenson.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Unlike our old ref na bulb lang na pwede ikaw mag palit. Our current ref is led na rin and according to the user manual technician dapat mag palit.

My fridge is reaching 0.4 C temp na although max settings. But yes, I'll still have the HVAC guy take a look at it. Yun nga lang may bayad na ₱400. And if it will need to replace part I have to pay since I don't have the receipt. The CS I called yesterday says I may be able to have get a printed receipt again from abenson. Ang hassle lang, maybe I'll pay the check up fee this time and if parts are needed that's the time I'll try to get receipt again at abenson.
    Iyan nga nakakainis (at nakakahiya) engineer kang naturingan, pundidong bumbilya lang ng ref, hindi mo mapalitan?!🤣🤣🤣

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213