New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nycboy View Post
    Hey that's why I'm using one now. I asked my boss that I want a MacBook Air when everyone else at work has a dell or hp. Our IT people said okay as well even though our platform is not on MAC OS. Also helped a bit since I'm the CFO of the company.
    You're lucky. I was given a cellphone which I never take with me and a Palm TX which I passed on to a co-worker. I did take home some free Win XP and MS Office licenses.

However, a MacBook Air out of my own pocket? I'd have to think long and hard first because the Pinoy in me says, "bang for the buck, bang for the buck". But, there's no denying they're nice.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    macbook air? never :D

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    You're lucky. I was given a cellphone which I never take with me and a Palm TX which I passed on to a co-worker. I did take home some free Win XP and MS Office licenses.

However, a MacBook Air out of my own pocket? I'd have to think long and hard first because the Pinoy in me says, "bang for the buck, bang for the buck". But, there's no denying they're nice.
    yah yah agree with you air is not really a bang for the buck buy since at the same price, you could get a dell or hp with waaaaay more powerful specs yah its nice but dont really make that big sense for me. then so what if im using a fatter dell but has way more powerful specs than air? :bwahaha: imo lang po no offense hehehehe
    Last edited by JJCarEnthusiast; July 15th, 2008 at 09:30 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post
    yah yah agree with you air is not really a bang for the buck buy since at the same price, you could get a dell or hp with waaaaay more powerful specs yah its nice but dont really make that big sense for me. then so what if im using a fatter dell but has way more powerful specs than air? :bwahaha: imo lang po no offense hehehehe
    By itself, the MacBook Air's price may seem too high. But, similar Windows-based laptops are either at the same price or cost even more with correspondingly more capabilities/features. So, among its peers, the MacBook Air is actually priced pretty good. It's just that the whole category seems overpriced to me.

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't mind a MacBook Air if I wasn't shouldering the cost out of my own pocket.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have to echo the sentiments on macbook air. i made the decision to convert to apple about a month ago. i was all set to buy the macbook air (i will admit that form factor plays somewhat of a role in my purchase decision). i also travel a lot and i ALWAYS handcarry my laptop for security purposes.

so after a few visits to the apple store and a lot of research on the internet, i decided to get the base macbook instead. i love the mac OS, and the specs-for-price ratio is far superior to the air.

form factor? the grand arbiter of all things fashionable (my wife ;) ) actually thinks the base white macbook looks cooler than the silver air

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    i have to echo the sentiments on macbook air. i made the decision to convert to apple about a month ago. i was all set to buy the macbook air (i will admit that form factor plays somewhat of a role in my purchase decision). i also travel a lot and i ALWAYS handcarry my laptop for security purposes.

so after a few visits to the apple store and a lot of research on the internet, i decided to get the base macbook instead. i love the mac OS, and the specs-for-price ratio is far superior to the air.

form factor? the grand arbiter of all things fashionable (my wife ;) ) actually thinks the base white macbook looks cooler than the silver air
    I thought about switching all but my gaming pc and laptop to Macs. Minis use a lot less power than the typical pc. As it turns out, both wife and kid still prefer a Windows pc even though the school district here uses Macs.

The kid does her schoolwork in her Mini. As soon as she's done, she goes back to the pc to surf and game. The wife ooohed and aaahed at first with the Macs. After the novelty wore off, she too went right back to her Vista pc. I guess I'm the biggest Mac user at home.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Ok po ba ang Sony Vaio Laptops compared sa Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo or Acer?
    May promo po kasi rito sa Saudi. Yung VAIO CR Series (VGN-CR35G), lumalabas na nasa P48k lang. Ok na ba yun?
    bro, you'll get more performance for your money from other brands. stay away from vaio computers unless your primary concern is the styling/or design.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i got this yesterday. hp dv5-1015nr

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^^^ Bawal ang "txt messaging" style sa mga posts. Di ko mabasa............

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post
    bro, you'll get more performance for your money from other brands. stay away from vaio computers unless your primary concern is the styling/or design.
    i agree with this pero i am a very satisfied VAIO owner. i have a Sony VAIO AR Series VGN-AR730E/B and love everything bout it. Though I know for the price I can get a better spec-ed laptop, but still.... parang iPod-thingie din kasi eh :D hehehe

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Recommend Laptop