New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ask ko lang po ok po ba mga NEO laptops??

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Go with MacBook Air!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nycboy View Post
    Go with MacBook Air!
    Nah. For the price you pay, it's too limited in capability. All it is really is a fashion statement. If it was sub-$900, I may consider it.

Most Pinoys have common sense and go for "bang for the buck". The MacBook Air doesn't have an ounce of bang for the buck.

It's better to go with a MacBook if Macs are an option for the TS.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Limited in capability?

It's dual boot now so you can either use Windows or MAC operating system on it.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Limited in capability?

It's dual boot now so you can either use Windows or MAC operating system on it. It'll ask you which system you want to use.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Limited in capability?

It's dual boot now so you can either use Windows or MAC operating system on it.
    The OS isn't the issue. If I was buying a Mac, I rather use OSX anyway. But besides the extra 2 lbs, the MacBook is much more well-rounded. Faster cpu, bigger hard drive, more standard ports. The MacBook requires less thought on what I'll use it for and where I'd be using it.

Even Apple says the MacBook Air isn't designed to be a primary laptop.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    The OS isn't the issue. If I was buying a Mac, I rather use OSX anyway. But besides the extra 2 lbs, the MacBook is much more well-rounded. Faster cpu, bigger hard drive, more standard ports. The MacBook requires less thought on what I'll use it for and where I'd be using it.

Even Apple says the MacBook Air isn't designed to be a primary laptop.
    I don't know why Apple would say that, but it's working just fine as my primary computer whether at work or at home. It's only 3 lbs and lighter than my powerbook (g4) which I hardly use now. Most important to me though (my IT guy configured this), I can access my work PC desktop (HP) even when I originally boot up on MAC OS.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I don't know why Apple would say that, but it's working just fine as my primary computer whether at work or at home. It's only 3 lbs and lighter than my powerbook (g4) which I hardly use now. Most important to me though (my IT guy configured this), I can access my work PC desktop (HP) even when I originally boot up on MAC OS.
    Well, if your uses fall within the capabilities of the MacBook Air, then there's no problem.

For someone like me who vacations a lot abroad, I need a more capable laptop like my Toshiba laptop or my daughter's MacBook. I need firewire for downloading videos from my camcorder. I also take a full-fledged wireless keyboard and mouse with me. So one USB port isn't really going to cut it.

Remote pc access has been around a very long time. At least I can remember it as far back as 2001. It's just dialup didn't make it too practical back then. But, it's been around a while. I don't really see a need for it unless I'm with IT. I used to be a SysAdmin back then. Not anymore, though.

Nowadays, I have webmail access for work and all the files I need at work I have with me on a thumbdrive and portable hard drive.

We've also done collaborative networking like say a group of us remotely working on a Powerpoint presentation using Netmeeting.

Back to the Air, Apple needs to lower the price some more. Then it'll be more attractive. Or, if upper management kindly provides me one free of charge, then I'll gladly take it.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir jun agree with you that air has more on fasion than the effectibility of a laptop. cause with that price, you only get less powerful specs compared to other brands like hp dell and tosh with the same price too. and you cant upgrade it cause of the lack of space. imo, macbook air is not bang for the buck. i'd rather buy a dell over macbook air. it doesn't even have dvd drive and it has small hd space!!

(well i know i can plug a portable dvd drive into it but thats not it. i mean it should have one at that price.)

my classmate and i were comparing different laptops. she asked help for what laptop to buy. she likes air but i told her its not worth the money. the specs she tolf me was 1.6ghz c2d proc, 80gb hd 4400rpm and so so.. i told her 'wala palang panama ang air mo sa dell ko' :hysterical: :hihihi: no offense ha. imo lang po

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Well, if your uses fall within the capabilities of the MacBook Air, then there's no problem.

For someone like me who vacations a lot abroad, I need a more capable laptop like my Toshiba laptop or my daughter's MacBook. I need firewire for downloading videos from my camcorder. I also take a full-fledged wireless keyboard and mouse with me. So one USB port isn't really going to cut it.

Remote pc access has been around a very long time. At least I can remember it as far back as 2001. It's just dialup didn't make it too practical back then. But, it's been around a while. I don't really see a need for it unless I'm with IT. I used to be a SysAdmin back then. Not anymore, though.

Nowadays, I have webmail access for work and all the files I need at work I have with me on a thumbdrive and portable hard drive.

We've also done collaborative networking like say a group of us remotely working on a Powerpoint presentation using Netmeeting.

Back to the Air, Apple needs to lower the price some more. Then it'll be more attractive. Or, if upper management kindly provides me one free of charge, then I'll gladly take it.
    Hey that's why I'm using one now. I asked my boss that I want a MacBook Air when everyone else at work has a dell or hp. Our IT people said okay as well even though our platform is not on MAC OS. Also helped a bit since I'm the CFO of the company.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Recommend Laptop