New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Been around various stores to scout for my first Plasma, LCD or LED TV.... I want a 39", 40", 42" or 43" inch TV....

I was told that plasma is the cheapest choice but is also high on power consumption---as much as 210 watts

On the other hand LCD and LED TVs are around 80 to 100 watts....

My question is in terms of actual power consumption costs, how much pesos does it cost if I use a Plasma TV with a power consumption of 210watts for one hour?

What about LCD and LED TV?

A salesman of Samsung showed me a power reading kit attached to a LED TV of 46", which showed a reading of power wattage consumption of around 50 to 60 watts with a corresponding pesos cost of around 45 centavos per hour of use.....after sometime, he attached the same power reading kit to a Plasma TV of 51" and the readings showed a power wattage consumption of between 180 to 190 watts with a corresponding pesos cost of around 90 centavos per hour....

The salesman then said that usage of Plasma TV per hour is actually about P 1.00 per hour only....

I am noob on these matters so, please enlighten me on this....

Likewise, I noted that plasma TVs around 43" inches ar only HD ready and not FULL HD (1080p), am I right?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    mas less consumption ang LED kasi mababa lang 60w pataas ng kunti but less colors

ung sa LCD nman mataas po talaga consumo 120 pataas yata po pero mas masarap manoud mataas color resolution

in my observation po

correct me if im wrong

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    mas tipid LED.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ma obsolete na LCD. mag LED ka na lang.

Questions on Power Consumption on Plasma, LCD and LED Panels