New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    PSP then get the addon harddisk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    ipod ako, unless i intend to play games. my old 2nd gen ipod was so solid that it convinced me to upgrade to the current ipod. it is primarily for music, little videos and photos. i dont recommend buying ipods for video considering the screen and its video batt life around 3 hours. it is small enough for me to carry it, keep it in front pocket (even the older bigger one was ok), or hook it up in the car. again, it boils down to use.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    PSP then get the addon harddisk
    I'd probably go with a Memory Stick Pro Duo unless that hard drive have very little or no moving parts to save battery life. Movies stuffed into the memory sticks should also use less power since the medium doesn't have any moving parts.

I use portable devices mainly while travelling abroad. While a portable music player would be excellent for music listening, I can spend only so much time listening to music before I get bored. Of course, that's just me. I've seen music zombies all spaced out in the airport for hours at a time.

Watching videos while on a stopover gets boring too eventually. Gaming and web-surfing are probably the least boring of all activities I can think of while waiting for a flight.

That said, I'd definitely go with a PSP. 2GB of mp3's are probably more than I care to listen to since I'll be loading up only those mp3's I actually like and listen to and not whole albums. Another 2GB stick can hold around 5 movies or more depending on how much compression you use in making them. Add a few games plus web surfing/online gaming/wireless PSP-PSP (NBA Live 06?). Hmmm. There's enough variety there so when you get bored with one activity on the PSP, there are others waiting.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 25th, 2006 at 05:32 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gan2 lng yan pag
    overall performance
    psp 10 out of 10
    i-pod video probably 6out of 10
    may internet po ba ang i-pod video parang sa psp???
    For me i will defintly buy a psp over an i-pod videos mas mura pa psp.
    daming 2nd hand na around 7-10k lng then buy a 2gb mem-stick m
    mga 3k lng kahit 2pcs pa.
    parang sinabi no boss pekto isa for sounds and the other one for fun!
    Ako din ksi pinakikingan ko lng yng gusto kong kanta 512 lng mp3 player ko pero di ako nag sasawa. But it's just me dont know with u guyz

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jasprit
    Gan2 lng yan pag
    overall performance
    psp 10 out of 10
    i-pod video probably 6out of 10
    may internet po ba ang i-pod video parang sa psp???
    For me i will defintly buy a psp over an i-pod videos mas mura pa psp.
    daming 2nd hand na around 7-10k lng then buy a 2gb mem-stick m
    mga 3k lng kahit 2pcs pa.
    parang sinabi no boss pekto isa for sounds and the other one for fun!
    Ako din ksi pinakikingan ko lng yng gusto kong kanta 512 lng mp3 player ko pero di ako nag sasawa. But it's just me dont know with u guyz

please avoid text speak, bro..thanks.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Make no mistake, the iPod is the best portable music player imho and would do ok as a video player. My daughter certainly thinks it's great and has been pestering me for one.

Someone mentioned it depends on the use. If my timewasting was leaning towards music and video, the iPod would be my pick. But, I know myself pretty well and I do get bored often during long flights (eg, 19-hour flights from San Francisco to Manila) and stopovers. The PSP does many of what I use a laptop for when I'm traveling: mainly web browsing and gaming. I don't think it can replace a laptop unless all I do with a laptop are purely entertainment. But, the sheer versatility of such a relatively small gizmo is very attractive.

I'm taking a trip to Japan in a couple of months. I'll still take my laptop with me. But, I'm also buying a PSP to take along.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 26th, 2006 at 01:45 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    para sa akin sobrang pangit ng 5th gen ipod... feels like holding a glass... pinakamagandang ipod of course is the Nano then if you need space, a 4th Gen iPod na B/W... the design & the feel is really good compared sa 5th gen...

But if you like playing games then I guess para sayo ang PSP...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
PSP or IPOD