New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Can anyone in the know please recommend a projector or projectors that will satisfy the following:

1. 4,000-5,000 lumens
    2. Multiple inputs - VGA, DVI and HDMI are required
    3. Reliable and has local support
    4. Reasonably priced (ie. I don't want the "Bentley" model if a "Honda" will do)

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Can anyone in the know please recommend a projector or projectors that will satisfy the following:

1. 4,000-5,000 lumens
    4. Reasonably priced (ie. I don't want the "Bentley" model if a "Honda" will do)

Thanks!

Curiously why such a high brightness of 4000 to 5000 lumens? Are you planning to setup a cinema? Home theater can use DLP projectors with 2500 to 3000 lumens.

Anyway, you are pretty much left with ACER as your choice for "Honda" brand projectors...

LINK: http://www.villman.com/Category-Brand/Projectors/Acer

Only the top range ACER projector reaches your 4000 lumens requirement.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; August 12th, 2013 at 08:34 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Curiously why such a high brightness of 4000 to 5000 lumens? Are you planning to setup a cinema? Home theater can use DLP projectors with 2500 to 3000 lumens.

Anyway, you are pretty much left with ACER as your choice for "Honda" brand projectors...

LINK: Acer Projectors | VillMan Computers

Only the top range ACER projector reaches your 4000 lumens requirement.
    Sorry, didn't see your reply sooner.

It's for a medium-sized venue for about 250 people with a somewhat strong ambient lighting. The screen is approx. 5x3 meters.

Anyway, already made my recommendation and we're ordering the Epson EB-G5450. It's expensive at about 200k but we realized that the feature set we need were only available on the "Lexus" of models. :D Namely, multiple inputs, remote network management, interchangeable lenses when we need to change venues, etc.

Don't get me started on the "Bentley" models. :crazy:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Also kindly check the compatibility issues between your projector and laptop. As some projectors won't work on certain laptop manufacturer brand.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Also kindly check the compatibility issues between your projector and laptop. As some projectors won't work on certain laptop manufacturer brand.
    Really? Given they connect via the VGA or HMDI port, I assumed they would not have compatibility issues.

At least I haven't encountered such an issue with the laptops and digital projectors I have used through the last few years.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I think that it can happen if the laptop's video settings are out of range of what the projector is capable of displaying. Plug-N-Play OSes like Mac and Windows shouldn't have this issue as it will most likely identify the projector by model and adjust the video accordingly.

But sometimes, the laptop may fail to identify the projector or fail to download the correct driver for it (along with the correct video settings), it will just use what was previously set (which may be out of range). In this case, all the user needs to do is manually change the video settings to the lowest resolution initially (640x480*60Hz) and step up from there.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think that it can happen if the laptop's video settings are out of range of what the projector is capable of displaying. Plug-N-Play OSes like Mac and Windows shouldn't have this issue as it will most likely identify the projector by model and adjust the video accordingly.

But sometimes, the laptop may fail to identify the projector or fail to download the correct driver for it (along with the correct video settings), it will just use what was previously set (which may be out of range). In this case, all the user needs to do is manually change the video settings to the lowest resolution initially (640x480*60Hz) and step up from there.
    Exactly. At worst, the laptop just cannot detect the video resolution of the projector or vice versa. All that is needed to be done is to set the laptop and projector to 800x600 and manually shift up to the desired higher resolution.

Not really a compatibility issue.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Really? Given they connect via the VGA or HMDI port, I assumed they would not have compatibility issues.

At least I haven't encountered such an issue with the laptops and digital projectors I have used through the last few years.

I'll check the specific projector and laptop model and brand that have 'compatibility' issues. Maybe you could assess what is causing the problem of non output from the projector.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Merun na akong na encounter na ganun....laptop (Asus) could not use our Acer proector. We just know baka nga driver issue lang kasi its in windows 7 - which is usually kulang pa sa drivers.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009

1. 4,000-5,000 lumens
    !
    My tito owns d Infocus Philippine distrbution. i cn get you a great dscountl.

PM me your contact no.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast