New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Although mas user friendly ang iPhone kaysa Android, pero for power users who want to make the phone really theirs and customize the hell out of it to suit their needs then ANDROID is for you.
    So, when are you going to root your unit?

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    What lacks a bit on Android is apps, pero that is quickly changing dami na rin gumagawa ng apps for Android and a huge chunk of them is FREE.
    For me, the biggest problem I have with Android Market is that the Philippines is still not in the list of countries that are allowed to buy stuff from it. We're still limited to getting free apps. There are already a couple of demo/lite apps I've tried and am willing to buy but still cant.

2. Join Date
    May 2005

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    That's sad.
    That means the only way to get gingerbread would be via the custom roms over at the XDA site.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Oh well can't complain too much given its price. But hey Froyo is not so bad, most phones of this price range still have Android 2.1 like the Samsung Galaxy 3...

Pero I am sure at a later time someone in Greenhills or Quiapo can crack this and upgrade our OS to 2.3...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    So, when are you going to root your unit?

Pray for me so I get courage. To be honest natatakot ako kasi di ako sigurado, baka ma-brick yung phone ko...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    check also cherry mobile superion and magnum HD. for superion, there's already a user's group in tipidcp.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Finally bought an HTC wildfire.. best buy.. bought it for 15k.. panalo talga..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    Finally bought an HTC wildfire.. best buy.. bought it for 15k.. panalo talga..
    gratz on joining the Android collective :2thumbsup:

mas gusto ko talaga ang HTC Sense (the user interface) compared to Samsung's or LG's interface.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I also got my wife a wildfire.
    She's quite happy with it. Yon nga lang... she sometimes gets frustrated with how it handles Angry Birds.

I've read blogs that state that Froyo is already available for Chinese Wildfires.
    Kelan kaya magiging available dito yon via OTA.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Another good choice for an Android smartphone is the Cherry Nova, especially if they make the sale price of P7,990 permanent. At the price point, it is one of the least expensive models.

One good thing about the Nova is that it is simply a relabeled Commtiva Z71 phone. Actually it is also available under lots of other names -

Apanda A60(China)
    ChinaVision Excalibur
    Cincinnati Bell Blaze f800
    Muchtel A1(Taiwan)
    Nexian Journey A890(Indonesia)
    Orange Boston
    Spice Mi-300 (India)
    Vibo A688(Taiwan):
    Wellcom A88(Thailand)
    Videocon evolve-V7500
    Motorola Quench XT502

There is quite a significant amount of online user support for this and the Froyo update is already available over at the CyanogenMod forum. If you prefer you can wait for the official standard release since the Nova, being a generic product, has a generic UI - meaning you don't have to wait for the manufacturer to come up with an update for a proprietary UI, as is the case for HTC's Sense, or for Motorola's Motoblur, etc.

Now if you are into oversized Android phones (read tablets), the Cherry Superion is also another relabeled product - it is being sold as Viewsonic Viewpad and some other brands. With such widespread availability, you can expect the same kind of support from the modding/hacking community. However at P20K it is a bit too steep. For those who have US-based relatives coming home for the season, the Huawei S7, with similar specs but with a highly responsive resistive screen, is available at Best Buy, for only $299. While it is not advertised, the unit features a 3G SIM card slot as well.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Planning to buy a SmartPhone