New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by black ice View Post
    canon sx230 hs is GPS capable kung di naman importante sayo ang gps ok na din ang canon sx220 same feature with 230hs which is cheaper minus the gps, so far maganda ang reviews nito sa net ang ayaw ko lang ung pwesto ng flash pag nakaangat awkward na ang grip ng right hand sa camera, actually kabibili ko lang nito dito sa dubai last Sale Festival. kung mas type mo ung sx 40hs better buy a dslr camera..imo
    if you kinda noticed, my current P&S camera is a SX210is. It is basically the same camera as the sx220hs/sx230hs except the new models have the new image sensor. I don't really care much for the gps, and prefer to turn it off because it drains the battery too fast. I bought a SX230hs for my dad so I know the new features (as compared to my older sx210is).

Although the sx230 takes a marginally better picture than my sx210is, it's too small a gain to upgrade to. And I dont have plans to sell my sx210is so on travels, I would probably still be using the sx210is since its smaller and more portable.

As for dslr and micro4/3 cameras, I have tried them and I definitely don't like it. I also dont like the idea of needing to bring extra lenses and needing to switch them for certain shots. The SX40hs solves it for me quite well.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 24th, 2012 at 02:15 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    magaganda na ngayon ang mga bagong labas na P&S cams. almost parang dslr na rin.
    good choice yan, GH.

anyways, do you know that a lot of dslr owners out there, na naka auto lang ang setting at parang p&s din yung unit nila?
    sayang....ang mahal, tapos naka-auto setting lang pala, at ayaw pag-aralan yung capabilities & features nung dslr nila.

may narinig nga ako, ginagawa raw na 'kuwintas" lang yung dslr........

Yup, I know many dslr and micro 4/3 camera owners just use their expensive toys in auto-mode. Some don't even know how to compensate for different lighting conditions. Basta tira ng tira lang kaya photos will come out yellow, bluish, too dark, over exposed, etc.

But with my SX210is, I have used it's manual settings to optimize the shots or effects I want to take.

Samples of some photos I took with my SX210is from my Ilocos trip...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Maganda superzooms but tendency to deteriorate yung IQ kung naka the zoom out. Also mas prone to shake pagnaka zoom out ka.
    The lens shake is nothing new because my SX210is has the same issue if I use the full optical zoom (14x) and max digital assisted zoom (56x). I have learned to compensate for the shake with or without image stabilizer enabled. And I usually use max zooms in outdoor daytime events which lets me use lower ISO settings and faster shutter speeds.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Yup, I know many dslr and micro 4/3 camera owners just use their expensive toys in auto-mode. Some don't even know how to compensate for different lighting conditions. Basta tira ng tira lang kaya photos will come out yellow, bluish, too dark, over exposed, etc.

But with my SX210is, I have used it's manual settings to optimize the shots or effects I want to take.

Samples of some photos I took with my SX210is from my Ilocos trip...

What a Great Professional Shots. I'm using Sony cybershot but just lately I bought a new Nikon D5000 model. I'm still learning on it, but Canon is still the best out there. Good luck on your new toy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
planning to buy Canon Powershot SX40hs...