New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Sobrang bagal talaga ng internet sa Pinas at mas mahal pa compared to other countries. Telcos are flashing their 1Mbps, 2Mbps or even higher speeds, but actually they are giving very less speed to what you are paying for. Most of the time they are too slow and very frustrating even at late nights. Telcos keeps on advertising more speeds, attracting subscribers to pay more, but actually they cannot give the speed the subscribers are paying. Telcos for me in our country are big cheaters and liars.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Kapag magsabwatan ang negosyante at politiko ganyan talaga mangyayari. Monopolyo, walang good choices.

Sent from the Twilight Zone...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I just upgraded to PLDT Homebro Ultera upgrade plan 12mbps at P1699/mo. with 30GB data cap then FUP na. Sana naman they can deliver reliable service. No other choice for me since I can only get Edge signal in our area c/o Globe considering our place is surrounded by Ayala projects like Laguna Technopark, Sta. Rosa villages and San Jose villages. Haiisssttt Globe! 😤

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

4. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rangeles View Post
    I just upgraded to PLDT Homebro Ultera upgrade plan 12mbps at P1699/mo. with 30GB data cap then FUP na. Sana naman they can deliver reliable service. No other choice for me since I can only get Edge signal in our area c/o Globe considering our place is surrounded by Ayala projects like Laguna Technopark, Sta. Rosa villages and San Jose villages. Haiisssttt Globe! ��

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4
    Gaya ng marketing gimmick na yan ng PLDT na 12 Mbps, nagpalit pa ng bagong name para bago sa pandinig ng madlang people. In reality they cannot even make up to 4Mbps, kaya isa na namang panloloko, so you will pay more. Base from the report by ookla, our country has only 3.54 Mbps by average and how is it possible to even give you the speed you are paying. Try mong i-test ang speed mo in random time kung anong speed makuha mo then post here in this forum. Yun nga lang 1Mbps na subscription di nila ma-provide ng tama, yun pa kayang higher speeds?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by e2romo View Post
    Kapag magsabwatan ang negosyante at politiko ganyan talaga mangyayari. Monopolyo, walang good choices.

Hindi naman sa sabwatan its just that most companies are owned by the same businessmen. For globe although ayala is majoriry some other stakeholders from smart also owned globe shares. Hehehe

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Kung may foreign player na makakalaban yung local businesses, na magbibigay ng magandang service offerings then the local companies would have no choice but to shape up or die.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    PH Telco is pretty much the same with US when court split up the Bell into many pieces - MCI Verizon Sprint, AT&T.. Now they are merging again.

Here, there are only 3 Telcos carriers operating wired, cable, wireless, terrestial satellite, Domestic and International leased line.

The Pangilinans
    PLDT
    SMRT
    Digitel/Sun
    Philcom
    Piltel
    Infocom
    Cignal
    Asianet

The Ayalas
    Globe
    Islacom/Innove/TM/ Asiacomnet
    Bayantel/Extelcom/SkyInternet
    Sky/Global/Destiny

The Cojuancos
    Eastern/ Liberty/ WiTribe

And the other not mentioned like Comclark just resells from some other Telcos bandwidth.

International traffic passes only on 8 landing stations in Clark and Batangas - APCN, APCN-2, ASE (Asia Submarine-cable Express), EAC, TGN-IA, AAG (Asia-America Gateway), SJC (South-east Japan Cable), Guam-Philippines. It runs in terrabits speed but they still hooked to some other telcos abroad Singtel,Telesoneria, MCI, AT&T, Tata etc.. and that sums the throughput for the internet.

Now distribute that to the 80m philipinos plus the inbound/outbound traffic these telcos share with the local call centers using multiple STM1 speeds. Add to that the poor distribution infrastructure. That results to slow internet.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^ Everybody knows MVP is just the front man for the Indo-Chinese Salim family aka Metro Pacific...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Additional info. You could also look up the wiki page of pldt and first pacific.

Sa pldt, si nazareno ang ceo at si mvp ang chairman.

Sa first pacific, si mvp ang ceo at si salim ang chairman.

So malinaw na under si mvp.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    MVP only holds 0.11% shares of PLDT... It is the board of directors which includes First Pacific that voted him into position... Also in the board of directors of First Pacific happens to be the CEO of PLDT...

PLDT pension used to build Salimā€™s PH media empire | The Manila Times Online

Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. built its multi-platform media empire by nearly using up its 20,000 employees’ benefits and retirement fund, officially called the PLDT Beneficial Trust Fund.

PLDT’s controlling stockholder since 1998 has been the Indonesian magnate Anthoni Salim, with his top executive, Manuel V. Pangilinan, being his public face in the Philippines.

First Pacific’s reports indicate that he could be the highest paid Filipino executive ever, making P25 million a month — nearly P1 million for his day’s work. This does not include his salaries and directors’ fees in at least 40 of Salim’s firms in the Philippines, especially in the blue-chip firms Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT) and Meralco. (The other Filipino director in First Pacific is Napoleon Nazareno, who gets P14 million monthly from First Pacific.)
    Last edited by Monseratto; September 19th, 2015 at 10:01 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast