New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by step22 View Post
    Everytime I’m going online after a while my computer just restarts. The symptoms I noticed is that downloading of webpages becomes slower than usual before it restarts. Before it restarts a blue screen appears with some text in it but I couldn’t read it because it just flashes a split second. After my pc has restarted a box pops out saying –The system has recovered form a serious error. But it doesn’t state what kind of error it just ask if you want to send the info to Microsoft. I hope someone could help me here. What are the causes and what do I need to do? (by the way im connecting to the net thru a modem, dial –up)
    Using Registry Cleaner can fix your computer and make computer faster. Why? The reason is that there may be some Registry errors and remnant, corrupt files and temp files in your computer to cause "computer slow". Everytime you install and uninstall software on your computer and surfing online you create JUNK in the computer registry overtime. The registry can grow to enormous proportions especially if the various programs you've installed do not do a good job of deleting and or updating its Registry entries. You need to scan and cleaned your computer with Registry Cleaner to make it fast. Good Registry Cleaner will improve your computer and internet performance dramatically. It can speed up your computer by 300% or more. There some comparison and review of TOP 5 registry cleaners.

http://www.makepcfaster.com
    You can download and scan your conputer for free.
    hopefully, this will help you.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Its the physical memory dump. Its the blue screen that suddenly pops-up, halting the computer. It is called the "blue screen of death". I'm having the same problem too with my laptop and trying to resolve the issue with known registry errors using some softwares like uniblue power suite and errordoctor2008. Some issues relating to this problem are a lot programs/apps running at the same time, thus physical memory fails. If you are curious to see what the blue screen text displays (if you are expecting it to happen again), you have to enable it. To do this:
    1. right click My Computer and select Properties from the drop down menu
    2. click the Advanced tab
    3. on Startup and Recovery section, click Settings
    4. on System Failure section, uncheck Automatically restart box
    5. click ok

issues relating to this problem: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic17836.html

Will post if I come up with the solution or when my laptop becomes stable. So far di pa naman nag-re-appear (running aps: winamp, firefox, uniblue guard, uniblue spyeraser) after running the uniblue power suite and uninstalling temporarily AVG. Will try using errordoctor2008 since it says it can fix the blue screen of death http://www.errordoctor.com/index.php?hop=software30

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post

http://www.makepcfaster.com
    You can download and scan your conputer for free.
    hopefully, this will help you.

Er..v6dreamer...your link doesn't seem to work..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    most probably a failing RAM, try to download a RAM testing program, I think it's DOS based. The program will let you create a bootable FD (floppy disk not the car) with the program to test your memory in it.

Or if you have more than 1 stick of RAM in your mobo try to remove 1 then test your PC, if the problem reoccurs remove another stick of RAM, the idea here is isolating the failing RAM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Tuwing nakakabasa ako nito it makes me glad I've switched to Ubuntu. I suspect hardware problems first right away.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    You said earlier only half the ram was detected. Did you check this at the bios? If it's showing only 256mb in the bios, then it's definitely the ram. It could be the bios itself too. But, that's pretty rare.

Plus, not all motherboards are created equal. Some can tolerate lesser quality components better than others. RAM modules vary in quality. That's why RAM varies so much in price, depending on the brand. Macs especially are choosy with the ram you put in it.

Sometimes, RAM that is "bad" on one pc may work fine in another pc. I've had that happen several times*. The same goes for power supplies.

* One advantage of having several pc's at home is switching components among them.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 1st, 2008 at 06:48 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by staind View Post
    TS pasingit...

patulong din guys, pag nagrun ako ng CMD Prompt, nagre-restart desktop ko, otherwise ok naman sya. bakit kaya?

problema kasi pag niload ko CounterStrike, nagre-restart din e kasi gumagamit at ng CMD Prompt yun.

salamat!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    it happened to me also. I noticed na ung hard disk cable eh matigas na. I changed it, ok na.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I finally decided to reformat my laptop restoring its normal performance. I guess the main cause of restarting was viruses, spywares controlling my comp. Okey na ulit sya ngayon. Di ko na muna nilagyan ng registry cleaner app, If you are unsure with changes on your registry, do not use any cleaner, otherwise maco-corrupt yun. Di rin ma-repair ng Error Doctor yung blue screen issues.

Quote Originally Posted by vanqrvr View Post
    ang laptop ko ngayon may problima din... pag nag switch ON na ako ng power button hindi siya mag ON kaagad, parang nag rerestart lang siya pero blackout, tapos holddown ko lang power button hanggang mag ON na siya, pinatingnan ko na sa mga technician dito sa amin, sabi MOBO daw kailangan na palitan, kaso gumagana pa naman yun nga lang may pupugak-pugak...
    ano kaya ang possible cause at solution? may nagrerepair ba ng MOBO?
    * vanqrvr, malakas pa ba batt pack ng laptop mo? If it doesn't and AC na lang ginagamit mo for your laptop, unplug the DC adapter from your laptop after shutting it down or kung di mo naman ginagamit. Saka mo lang ire-plug kung gagamitin mo na laptop mo. Ganyan din sa kin nangyari. Yung weak battery pack na di na nagre-recharge ang culprit.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    im the starter of this thread balik na naman same problem. i disabled the auto restart, sa blue screen i got this Bad_pool_list. minsan pfn_list_corrupt. minsan irql_not_less_or_equal

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
pc restarts unexpectedly when in use