New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Yeah PC gaming is a money pit. Though games are cheaper to *try* if you get my drift....

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yeah same set up. Kaya I don't know how I'll ever justify to myself that I need a gaming PC hehe.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Bruh, we dont maybe you will be one of those stramer ng games... kaya need ng mabilis and powerful na pc... hehe..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Yeah PC gaming is a money pit. Though games are cheaper to *try* if you get my drift....

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Hahaha yeah back in college TPB was my go-to. Now with cheaper stuff on Steam it's nakakaguilty to go that route.

The PC bug is calling me haha - I have an agency doing some video work for us here in the office and the PC they brought in was an i9 + 2080 with complete RGB treatment hehe. Nice to look at but maybe I'll just admire from afar.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Although I haven't gamed on a PC for a while, I agree with gaming PCs being money pits. And hardware prices today are just outrageous. Seems tech becoming cheaper over time doesn't apply to PCs. Expensive hobby. Not an issue if you can afford it, of course.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Although I haven't gamed on a PC for a while, I agree with gaming PCs being money pits. And hardware prices today are just outrageous. Seems tech becoming cheaper over time doesn't apply to PCs. Expensive hobby. Not an issue if you can afford it, of course.
    Yeah back in college, pansin ko most enthusiasts would have builds worth about 60-75k. Today, most people have builds ranging from 80-120k.

Seems like more and more disposable income is being spent on PCs these days.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Kung ang tao eh yung tipong dapat ultra settings with matching RGB pag maglalaro, magsusunog ka talaga ng pera. But if you just want the gaming experience and the graphics is just secondary, you can just go with previous generations of hardware and happily game at whatever settings your PC can handle.

Ever since I had my son, di na ko nakapaglaro sa PC. Pero if ever I will be building one again, I think I'll be going old school of black or black and white setup with no RGB. Last Sunday, I shipped the desktop that I built for a friend in Ilocos Sur. First time to build again after a decade. Tinest ko na rin for a week para pwede ko pa maibalik sa shop kung magkaproblema sa parts. The build is not that high-end, just enough to play some AAA games at high/ultra. Ryzen 5 3400G, 8gb ram, a B450M motherboard. Tried installing NFS Hot Pursuit and I can play at 60fps on max settings. I know hindi naman mabigat yung game pero at least I saw na hindi sya hirap. Hope he enjoys his PC.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    Kung ang tao eh yung tipong dapat ultra settings with matching RGB pag maglalaro, magsusunog ka talaga ng pera. But if you just want the gaming experience and the graphics is just secondary, you can just go with previous generations of hardware and happily game at whatever settings your PC can handle.

Ever since I had my son, di na ko nakapaglaro sa PC. Pero if ever I will be building one again, I think I'll be going old school of black or black and white setup with no RGB. Last Sunday, I shipped the desktop that I built for a friend in Ilocos Sur. First time to build again after a decade. Tinest ko na rin for a week para pwede ko pa maibalik sa shop kung magkaproblema sa parts. The build is not that high-end, just enough to play some AAA games at high/ultra. Ryzen 5 3400G, 8gb ram, a B450M motherboard. Tried installing NFS Hot Pursuit and I can play at 60fps on max settings. I know hindi naman mabigat yung game pero at least I saw na hindi sya hirap. Hope he enjoys his PC.
    Peso-for-peso, a console can play a wider range of games vs PC.

Following that argument that graphics is secondary to gaming experience, then a PS4 at 15k today can play much much more games than any 15k PC can.

PC just has more upgrade headroom but if you start with budget PC, everything will be bottlenecking a nice video card if you ever upgrade. So best to start with at least a mid range platform so you can keep upgrading every few years.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Peso-for-peso, a console can play a wider range of games vs PC.

Following that argument that graphics is secondary to gaming experience, then a PS4 at 15k today can play much much more games than any 15k PC can.

PC just has more upgrade headroom but if you start with budget PC, everything will be bottlenecking a nice video card if you ever upgrade. So best to start with at least a mid range platform so you can keep upgrading every few years.

Agree. Sweet spot na yung mid-range for a gaming PC build then if you have budget again, upgrade upgrade na lang.

Maybe when my son gets older, I'll buy us a console as well. May mga games talaga kasi na masarap laruin sa consoles kesa sa PC. Even my wife asks me if we can buy at least the PS4 because she wants to play beat saber.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    Maybe when my son gets older, I'll buy us a console as well. May mga games talaga kasi na masarap laruin sa consoles kesa sa PC. Even my wife asks me if we can buy at least the PS4 because she wants to play beat saber.
    For me lahat ng FPS better pag PC because of the KB/mouse combo. I tried COD on PS4 controller, di ko naenjoy. Newer PS games have KB/mouse support but not all and medyo laggy.

Racing games are ok with either platform, you just need a gaming wheel. Keyboard/controller is such a pain for racing games, super unrealistic.

RPG games seem better sa PC also but manageable on PS. Big advantage of PC is you can use a controller if you like so it's more versatile.

Console advantage are the version exclusives of course. Main reason I bought a PS4 is because of Gran Turismo which PC will never have.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    For me lahat ng FPS better pag PC because of the KB/mouse combo. I tried COD on PS4 controller, di ko naenjoy. Newer PS games have KB/mouse support but not all and medyo laggy.

Racing games are ok with either platform, you just need a gaming wheel. Keyboard/controller is such a pain for racing games, super unrealistic.

RPG games seem better sa PC also but manageable on PS. Big advantage of PC is you can use a controller if you like so it's more versatile.

Console advantage are the version exclusives of course. Main reason I bought a PS4 is because of Gran Turismo which PC will never have.

Much better talaga FPS games with KB/mouse (for me). Games like WWE, NBA, Tekken, best sa controller.

How about Forza? I haven't tried it myself pero it looks like it is good as well based sa youtube videos.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
PC Gamers vs. Console gamers