New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    How can I check if the HDD light is lit?
    if you look at the power switch on the CPU, just near it they are two lights. mine has a green and orange light. the light beside the graved *power* sign (or somtimes its just marked) that's the power led. the other one is the HDD led.. that lits up when data 'moves' in and/or out from/to the hdd

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I am seriously close to tears. I hope I don't need to replace any parts since I am still in between jobs and cannot afford to spend on parts - much more on a new PC
    It's not the end of the world. It's a computer. Computers break eventually or sometimes instantly. They're not worth any tears. Just take lessons learned here to heart such as when money's tight, everything needs to be managed more carefully especially if they're breakable like computers.

You simply don't loan things out when money's tight, friend or no friend. Computers, cars, anything that's breakable. If you feel guilty about not being able to help a friend, just look at the bill you have to pay.

What could have happened eh my friend just borrowed it to recover the data from her hard disk. It was working perfectly before she borrowed it. Hindi kaya inabutan lang ng sira pagbalik niya ??? Because I really do not want to blame her for what happened.
    That's the reason for having your friend backtrack and list everything she did no matter how trivial.

But like others are thinking, she's going to have to shoulder some of the costs of replacement parts if they're required.

PS: The last post I had earlier merely dealed with of the process of elimination. Even cops in the real world would not think of the victim as blameless unless evidence effectively clears that person.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I told my friend what happened and she offered to check the problem. She returned it to me already and it's working once again. She brought it to a computer shop and the repair guy just cleaned/used an eraser to remove the dirt.

My friend paid P750 just for that. I offered to pay but she wouldn't accept. Should I insist kasi apparently it was due to dirt lang. I was thinking malas lang na nagloko after niya ibalik? Or do you guys think na may kinalalaman din yung tinransport yung PC ko? Thanks

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I told my friend what happened and she offered to check the problem. She returned it to me already and it's working once again. She brought it to a computer shop and the repair guy just cleaned/used an eraser to remove the dirt.

My friend paid P750 just for that. I offered to pay but she wouldn't accept. Should I insist kasi apparently it was due to dirt lang. I was thinking malas lang na nagloko after niya ibalik? Or do you guys think na may kinalalaman din yung tinransport yung PC ko? Thanks
    grabeh naman yan 750 petot linis lang ng eraser alin po ang nilinis?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ^
    ^
    di ako maniniwalang dahil lang sa pagtanggal ng dumi naayos na? i think may loose connection lang yan talaga. maraming nanguuto na technician... hehe!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Was your friend able to accomplish what she originally intended to do? If yes, then go with her decision to pay for it all.

If her efforts were futile, then you can offer to split the pay. I'm sure, she's pretty frustrated as well.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yup. My PC is working already. Ang labo nga ng technician basta he cleaned everything daw. hehe. Ano ba yung eraser na yun? Parang gusto kong bumili. hehe.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yup. My PC is working already. Ang labo nga ng technician basta he cleaned everything daw. hehe. Ano ba yung eraser na yun? Parang gusto kong bumili. hehe.
    that's just an ordinary eraser lol pencil eraser daw ang best cleaning tool for RAM and other stuff inside the PC..

*xtrememan: ya maybe when he placed it back, gumana na kasi na-ayos na pagka-lagay eh

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    now that's what i call a ripoff! apparently, some components became loose when transported. the eraser was for the contacts of the ram. oh well.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    hayaan mo na yung P750.nakuha na sa inyo yun eh.ganito na lang isipin mo, yung nanggoyo sa inyo kakarmahin, at more than 2x or 3x pa sa P750 ang babawiin sa kanya.sure yan sa ram lang naging problema.yan ang unang chinechek pag na move ang pc.malang your pc had a hard bump.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
PC Experts - Help! HD can't be detected