New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Pambato natin............

Yun bang T-28D Trojans (Tora-tora), ginagamit pa, o retired na.
    Yan atang OV-10 Broncos ang ginagamit pa. How about the F-5s?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The OV-10 Broncos are fine aircraft for COIN ops. Except for Venezuela, most air forces that have the Bronco aren't in any hurry to replace them. The key is maintenance. Unfortunately, even funds for that seems to be lacking for the PAF.

The Colombian AF have upgraded theirs. They now have 4-bladed props:

As for modern aircraft, this is it for the PAF right now. AS-211:

The rest of the PAF aircraft seems dedicated to moving political fatcats around. The PAF Order of Battle. It seems to be recent: http://www.scramble.nl/ph.htm
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 28th, 2007 at 07:13 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Mabilis naman kaya ang mga PCs ng PAF?

3101:transform:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i heard that the PAF is actually saving up its budget to buy Voltes V. that should solve all its military deficiencies :2thumbsup:

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Nakaisip ako 2 more -- To bomb ASG bandit groups and it MIGHT be cheaper to patrol our seas from the sky rather than keeping dozens of boats at sea for weeks on end.

In all 3 cases though, dual prop - type planes with ground support6 capability should be more than enough.
    mahirap eroplano sa counter-insurgency, mag-oovershoot lang sila sa liit ba naman ng Pilipinas

dapat gunship yun katulad ng kalaban ni RamboIII

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    i heard that the PAF is actually saving up its budget to buy Voltes V. that should solve all its military deficiencies :2thumbsup:
    meron na nga secret base dito ng voltes V tapos mall by day pa sya with krispy kreme sa Fort Bonifacio

dyan tayo magaling mga pinoy, kahit satellite images malabo ma-detect secret base na yan

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Hmmm. Let's see. There's not much money, not much hardware, not much homegrown know-how.

So, what's there plenty of? Well, there's plenty of people. Maybe the AFP should make CAT mandatory for every able-bodied male and female from 18-48 years old, say one weekend a month. That should toughen up the populace and better ready to deal with an invasion.

Not sure if that'll happen. But, it sounds good to me.
    yes sir, this is very feasible,i have an israeli friend and according to her,they were required to serve two years in the military service,male or female,dapat siguro ganun din tayo,kung kulang sa budget, manpower ang gamitin na natin.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    OT:

Wow! You're an ex RAF pilot Fozzie? Nice! If I may ask, what RAF aircraft did you had the pleasure of flying? As a boy, I used to fancy myself flying either a Hawker-Siddely Buccaneer or a RAF Sepecat Jaguar one day when I grow. However, as with almost all boyhood dreams it still remains a dream today.
    Yes indeed.
    After gaining my 'wings' I trained on Varsity multi-engined transport aircraft (known affectionately at the time as 'flying pigs'). Also flew Hercules for a while.
    Sadly for me the new Labour government cut back hugely on defense spending and after 5 years I retrained as an Air Traffic Control officer and thus carried on my association with flying and aircrew for another 5 years.
    We didn't have the benefits of simulators and powerful computers though.

Happy times..only eclipsed when I married my gorgeous Pilipino wife in Palawan 2 years ago.

Live your dreams.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
    Yes indeed.
    After gaining my 'wings' I trained on Varsity multi-engined transport aircraft (known affectionately at the time as 'flying pigs'). Also flew Hercules for a while.
    Sadly for me the new Labour government cut back hugely on defense spending and after 5 years I retrained as an Air Traffic Control officer and thus carried on my association with flying and aircrew for another 5 years.
    We didn't have the benefits of simulators and powerful computers though.

Happy times..only eclipsed when I married my gorgeous Pilipino wife in Palawan 2 years ago.

Live your dreams.
    I'm surprised your wife lets you ride that rocket you have on your avatar. Normally, Pinays tend to be harsh towards anything that may harm their honey/breadwinner...... Just a heads up on what may lie on your future.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    I love the idea .pero mas makakatipid kung eenlist ng afp sila senator lapid , revilla.kayang kayang talanunin kahit ilan pa kalaban he he he he. kundi pa natigok si fpj mas maganda sana.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
PAF Pilots Take Flight Lessons by Computer (instead of Flight Simulators)