New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    was looking for a gift for myself and mas gusto ko ang P&S digicam with at least 8x optical zoom.

My shortlist are:

Lumix ZS3 - 12x optical zoom = average price is between 19K to 21K
    Lumix ZS1 - 12x optical zoom = average price is between 16K to 18K

Note on ZS1 - the difference between the ZS1 and ZS3 is the availability of HD video on ZS3, but I don't really need that and I think the ZS3 uses a bigger(?) or more advanced processor (yun ba tawag dun?)

Lumix ZR1/ZX1 - 8x optical zoom = average price is between 15.5K to 16.5K - I'm leaning more on this one. But the 12x optical zoom on ZS1 is quite attractive for a compact.

Anybody can suggest some other models/brands that are within the specs and price range I've listed above?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I have a Lumix too, FZ35 18x optical zoom its great! with HD video capability +12MP

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    was looking for a gift for myself and mas gusto ko ang P&S digicam with at least 8x optical zoom.

My shortlist are:

Lumix ZS3 - 12x optical zoom = average price is between 19K to 21K
    Lumix ZS1 - 12x optical zoom = average price is between 16K to 18K

Note on ZS1 - the difference between the ZS1 and ZS3 is the availability of HD video on ZS3, but I don't really need that and I think the ZS3 uses a bigger(?) or more advanced processor (yun ba tawag dun?)

Lumix ZR1/ZX1 - 8x optical zoom = average price is between 15.5K to 16.5K - I'm leaning more on this one. But the 12x optical zoom on ZS1 is quite attractive for a compact.

Anybody can suggest some other models/brands that are within the specs and price range I've listed above?

Thanks
    get the one with HD video, as they say, its ok if you have it and dont need it than need it and dont have it

P&S Digicam with at least 8X optical zoom