New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    C4U, have you made your choice? I looked at the MSI FX420x that GH recommended its a very nice rig. Specialy with 12 months to pay. I'm sure if you pay cash or straight credit card transaction, you can get it cheaper. Just get a licensed 64 bit Win7 OS and your set. The shop will install it for you, free na labor. Download Microsoft Security Essentials and you will be relatively safe from viruses.

BTW, slowing down of computers can also be due to the fragmentation of your hdd or an over loaded registry.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I haven't bought one yet but I'm leaning towards Toshiba. I'm still deciding whether it's worth the risk to buy in the US for a cheaper price but without international warranty. Entry level Toshiba notebooks sold in Manila kasi cost the same as premium notebooks na in the US.

What's your take on the brand MSI? I would prefer established brands like Toshiba or Lenovo kasi.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I forgot to add, what feature do I need to watch out that would enable me to connect my laptop to my television in an easy and non fuzzy manner? Is it just the HDMI cable that I need?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I haven't bought one yet but I'm leaning towards Toshiba. I'm still deciding whether it's worth the risk to buy in the US for a cheaper price but without international warranty. Entry level Toshiba notebooks sold in Manila kasi cost the same as premium notebooks na in the US.

What's your take on the brand MSI? I would prefer established brands like Toshiba or Lenovo kasi.
    MSI is good naman but great. Reliable din base sa 2 kakilala ko na may ganyan.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007

I'd go with Lenovo for their Int'l Wrnty Service (IWS).

International Warranty Service Terms And Conditions (English)

Just make sure you buy a unit with IWS. I tend to think na yung mga cheapest models lang ang walang IWS, if ever.

BTW, I think Ry_tower meant MSI is good, but *NOT* great.

[SIZE=1]45/3,937[/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ^I sent an inquiry to best buy but I need get a response if the Toshiba unit I wants comes with standard international warranty.

Sandy Bridge is a great feature pala. I kind of want it but the Lenovos being sold at Villman doesn't have it yet. I don't think local Toshibas has it too.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^I sent an inquiry to best buy but I need get a response if the Toshiba unit I wants comes with standard international warranty.

Sandy Bridge is a great feature pala. I kind of want it but the Lenovos being sold at Villman doesn't have it yet. I don't think local Toshibas has it too.

I think the Lenovos in my link to you do have the sandy bridge feature because the Core CPU has a four digit model number which is indicative of it being the 2nd generation Intel Core processor with Sandy Beach.

Link: Lenovo ideapad Z470 Black(5906-9400) and Pink( 59071302) DOS with 2nd Generation Core i5 processor. | VillMan Computers

Link: Intel Core i5 2410M Notebook Processor - Notebookcheck.net Tech

In fact, all the notebooks with Intel Core CPUs I have suggested to you in this thread have the Sandy Beach feature.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    FYI. sandybridge is not a feature but the name of the architecture of the latest generation of CPUs made by Intel. The great thing about this is that the graphics processor is already integrated with the CPU so your PC can still ran even without the graphics card.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    The one linked by GH is good and villman is known for their warranty service. they have a higher mark-up though compared to other shops.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    No pun intended

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Which notebook is better? Toshiba or Apple?