New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hi everyone, I'm new here and this will be my very first post,

I just recently bought the N95 a few days ago, and I dont have the asia maps installed on it, guys got any ideas on how I can get those asia maps, or umm manila maps so I can start using the GPS feature.

I cant use the GPS on my N95 what do I need to do?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There should be 2 map softwares installed on your machine. One is from Nokia, the other is a 3rd party one (forgot the name) with a built in Manila map if you bought it in the Philippines.

For the Nokia one, you just download the maps from Nokia (But first you have to download the Map Loader application from Nokia) and install it on your phone. The other one I don't really use so I'm not sure how to get maps for that.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Thanks man, I know what you mean by the 3rd party one, the Navfone application thingy, Can you tell me more about the nokia one? where can i download the map loader application? Nokia website? the problem im having right now is that my memory card got reformated so i guess i kinda accidentally deleted the 3rd party software. waaaaa!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by need4speed View Post
    There should be 2 map softwares installed on your machine. One is from Nokia, the other is a 3rd party one (forgot the name) with a built in Manila map if you bought it in the Philippines.

For the Nokia one, you just download the maps from Nokia (But first you have to download the Map Loader application from Nokia) and install it on your phone. The other one I don't really use so I'm not sure how to get maps for that.
    I'll definitely keep this in mind.

Pero if you use the Nokia one, who is the one providing the satellite position and coordinates???

Nokia??.....or the provider (Smart, Globe, Sun, etc.)???

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Alin kaya mas ok, ito or yung E90?

i need a 2nd phone kasi e.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Based on the photos posted, the "5MP" is obviously interpolated, there are very little details held in the images and aggressive sharpening was applied for "clarity"... But then again, this isn't a cam... But the 5MP claim is merely for filesize/image dimention increase and not really on the resolution.

If you look at this http://www.mobilmania.cz/uploadedfiles/11262.jpg image, there are virtually no details on the leaves at all, just a bunch of clumped shapes.

The CNet photo comparison is kinda silly, downsized to 800x600, it wouldn't matter much if you use a 2.1MP 5yo digicam vs. a DSLR.

I'm not saying it's poor, but it's definitely marketing overhype to compare it to a dedicated 3MP camera (don't even insult users comparing it to an APS-C sensored camera hehe)
    Last edited by theveed; May 10th, 2007 at 04:46 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Take note, as per "need4speed"...

Ginamitan pa ng macro setting yung mga sample pics nya. SE's cam phones score better even if it's just 3MP.

Peace tayo need4speed, i am on the phone and not on your views.

OT: Apple's revolutionary iPhone is coming out June 2007 at $499 (sa US lang though, 2008 in Asia). If you're looking for a new unit think twice. iPhone's tech are all patented - Nokia should better come up with better pricing scheme.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
    I'll definitely keep this in mind.

Pero if you use the Nokia one, who is the one providing the satellite position and coordinates???

Nokia??.....or the provider (Smart, Globe, Sun, etc.)???
    Satellites via GPS provide the coordinates. It doesn't matter what provider you use.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by eojlin View Post
    Take note, as per "need4speed"...

Ginamitan pa ng macro setting yung mga sample pics nya. SE's cam phones score better even if it's just 3MP.

Peace tayo need4speed, i am on the phone and not on your views.

OT: Apple's revolutionary iPhone is coming out June 2007 at $499 (sa US lang though, 2008 in Asia). If you're looking for a new unit think twice. iPhone's tech are all patented - Nokia should better come up with better pricing scheme.
    hmm... i don't get it... what does using macro mode have to do with anything? i don't think you fully understand the use of the macro setting.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Based on the photos posted, the "5MP" is obviously interpolated, there are very little details held in the images and aggressive sharpening was applied for "clarity"... But then again, this isn't a cam... But the 5MP claim is merely for filesize/image dimention increase and not really on the resolution.

If you look at this http://www.mobilmania.cz/uploadedfiles/11262.jpg image, there are virtually no details on the leaves at all, just a bunch of clumped shapes.

The CNet photo comparison is kinda silly, downsized to 800x600, it wouldn't matter much if you use a 2.1MP 5yo digicam vs. a DSLR.

I'm not saying it's poor, but it's definitely marketing overhype to compare it to a dedicated 3MP camera (don't even insult users comparing it to an APS-C sensored camera hehe)
    wow... the leaves have no details at all nga... and i totally agree... as i posted above you have to compare apples to apples. this can't compare to a digicam or dslr. the loss of details is proof enough. the one thing i like about it though is the white balance sensor. it does a pretty good job.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Nokia N95 reviews?