New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    No, it is more of a lame excuse instead of upgrading their inadequate infrastructure. Capping data flow does not guarantee faster speeds nor better service.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    at first, i was against the idea. am currently reading up and weighing the pros and cons. however, i believe that heavy users should be billed more than average users. you consume more bandwidth, you pay more. you consume less, you pay less. i dont agree with the 3gb a day caps, but to 90+gb caps a month, im amenable. simply because, there are days im using it up more, there are days that am not.
    i get your point.

but if they say unlimited, should be unlimited.

hindi na nga nila maabot yung advertised bandwidth speed tapos hindi susundin yung advetised unlimited. gaguhan ang nangyayari.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The thing is, subscribers are already paying for their chosen bandwidth (that does not get fulfilled by the ISP anyway).

Adding a data cap is like subscribing to a cable tv service and then the cable service decides to put a maximum number of viewing hours allowed per month on your subscription.

The ISPs are already limiting our bandwidth by "throttling" (limiting internet download speeds) our connection rates lower than the subscribed rates.

Ever wondered why your internet 2MB/s connection never will achieve 2MB/s performance?
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    i get your point.

but if they say unlimited, should be unlimited.

hindi na nga nila maabot yung advertised bandwidth speed tapos hindi susundin yung advetised unlimited. gaguhan ang nangyayari.
    yes yes i understand what you guys are saying. i guess i should add that this should only be applicable to future subscription contracts and should not be "retroactive".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
NEWS: NTC's proposed data caps violate consumer rights