New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Guys patanong naman. We have a UPS like this:

apc-ups.png

Please note the C13 sockets. which we want to hook up our network switches, routers, etc. to. Problem is, most of them use the typical 2/3-prong "household" plug.

The obvious solution would be to splice a cord with a C13 connector to a power strip...but i'm hoping that there is a ready-made power strip for this. Meron ba?

For the DIY solution, is it advisable to use wire nuts or ok na yung electric tape?

tia

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    guys, meron bang binebentang ganito dito:

iec-male-edison-style-female-power-cord-adapter.jpg

btw...mods, paki fix naman po yung mispelling the title. thanks

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    guys, meron bang binebentang ganito dito:

iec-male-edison-style-female-power-cord-adapter.jpg

btw...mods, paki fix naman po yung mispelling the title. thanks

that's not easy to find around here. just splice them but solder the connections for reliability. tape then use heat shrink tubing on the outside for neatness

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Kapag ganyan exactly hahanapin mo medyo mahirap

The closest thing you can get dito sa atin is yung ginagamit sa monitor na power cable like the one below that costs 30 pesos and up depende kung saan mo binili

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Guys patanong naman. We have a UPS like this:

apc-ups.png

Please note the C13 sockets. which we want to hook up our network switches, routers, etc. to. Problem is, most of them use the typical 2/3-prong "household" plug.

The obvious solution would be to splice a cord with a C13 connector to a power strip...but i'm hoping that there is a ready-made power strip for this. Meron ba?

For the DIY solution, is it advisable to use wire nuts or ok na yung electric tape?

tia

Just buy monitor power cables. It should cost you only P50 each.

LINK: http://img1.shopimg.ca/content/zoom/...main_zoom.jpeg

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sir gh, network switches kasi yung ikakabit dun, the ones with those bulky adapters.

The cable i posted costs 300pesos, shipping included. i think i'll just splice :p

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I bought a few of these (in beige) from ACE or Handyman, can't remember which and I've lost the receipt.

Or you can do what I did before I got the adapter. Take a 'thick' C13 to C14 IEC cable and cut off the C13 (female) plug. Use the remainder of the cable to replace the standard cord from a quality 3 or 4 way extension like those from Omni. Be mindful of the load capacity of the cable you use. It may not be suitable to power up multiple high-wattage equipment.
    Last edited by oj88; February 13th, 2014 at 10:25 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Anyway, next time you might want to opt for UPS units with standard flat or universal sockets in the back.

Example:

Makes plugging in your devices much easier including CCTV, DVR, routers, modems, network switches, network shared printers, etc.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 13th, 2014 at 12:44 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Replace a power strip's cord with that of one with a C14 plug.