New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Boss GH, bibili din ako ng bagong netbook. Saan mo nabili? Anong OS nyan na kasama?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Just curious GH, why do you keep buying these super underpowered netbooks?
    ...because:

1. these "underpowered" netbooks have more 3 to 5 times more battery life than notebook PCs.
    2. they are cheaper to buy.
    3. they are smaller, lighter. Easier to travel with. Easier to put in a bag to carry around.
    4. netbooks are powerful enough for what I need.
    5. fits on a coffee table with space left enough for an actual cup of coffee when using it at a coffeeshop.
    6. fits on an airplane tray-table with space to spare.
    7. I don't need a PC powerful enough to render Autocad when traveling abroad or outside the office. Just enough to connect to the internet and/or watch downloaded videos (movies/tv).
    8. nerd-gasm when one gets to push your gadget beyond it's design.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 5th, 2011 at 05:32 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    Boss GH, bibili din ako ng bagong netbook. Saan mo nabili? Anong OS nyan na kasama?

At Microstation in V-Mall, Greenhills.

OS that came with the HP DM1z is MS Windows 7 Home Basic 64bit.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 5th, 2011 at 07:45 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    first and lat time ko na bumili ng HP na laptop. lumagpas lang sa 1 year ng nasira ang video. di na sulit ipagawa. nag Acer na lang ako sa latest purchase. more than 3 years ago, bumili ako ng acer na desktop. good pa rin till today. gamit pa rin.

BTW, amd turon ang cpu.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    At Microstation in V-Mall, Greenhills.

OS that came with the HP DM1z is MS Windows 7 Home Basic 64bit.
    updated na... microstation yung pc shop.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Thanks boss GH!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    *GH. Indeed, it's really a different high when you get to push something beyond its limits (you must have a lot of time and patience.)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    *GH. Indeed, it's really a different high when you get to push something beyond its limits (you must have a lot of time and patience.)
    As I have mentioned, it fits my requirements. If I can get it to do something more than it's designed, its just one more "nerd" point for me.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sir gh, kumusta video playback? My eeepc 1000 just can't do 1080p or .mkv :p

i read somewhere that the overall performance is just under ULV-level laptops.

Interesting to read about other people's Acer experience...ung Acer laptop ng pinsan ko, around 3 times nasira while under warranty(to the supplier's credit, inasikaso naman).

My brother's HP laptop has been chugging along for around 3 years now; wear and tear here and there, but no major problems that i know of.

tignan na lang natin by yearend kung may pera :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    sir gh, kumusta video playback? My eeepc 1000 just can't do 1080p or .mkv :p

i read somewhere that the overall performance is just under ULV-level laptops.
    My collection of 1080HD videos are limited but from what I have, the DM1z plays it without any issues. I am not sure what effect it has on the battery life though since I didn't finish the video, just ran it for testing purposes. What I have more of are 720HD videos including TOP GEAR UK,etc. So either 1080 or 720 HD vids, the playback on screen is great.

I might upgrade the HDD to a Seagate Momentus XT hybrid HDD/SSD in the near future for better loading times.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
My new netbook: HP Pavilion DM1