New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I've had tablets (and laptop-tablet hybrids) and haptic interfaces running Windows even before the iPad came out. Running desktop applications on a tablet interface without fundamentally changing the UI is an epic fail. For instance, try playing Counterstrike on a tablet and you'll know what I mean.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    I've had tablets (and laptop-tablet hybrids) and haptic interfaces running Windows even before the iPad came out. Running desktop applications on a tablet interface without fundamentally changing the UI is an epic fail. For instance, try playing Counterstrike on a tablet and you'll know what I mean.
    How about STARCRAFT?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    This is going to be another uphill battle for microsoft. Does anybody ever remember ZUNE? It was designed specifically to compete against the Ipod. Microsoft lost millions if not a billion with this bungled conquest. Microsoft would not only compete with Apple in this area but also against Google's Android built tablets. If MS have a winning formula this time, it might allow them to have just a small piece of the market. I might be wrong, but for me this is another lost cause for MS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    this one runs Windows 8. you know the one that you will install in your laptop pag nag-upgrade na kayo from Win7 or Vista.

so ano pa imamarket ng Windows dito? kung tuusin nga this is one of Microsoft strategies katulad nun anti-trust case nila noon araw eh lol

ang dapat kabahan eh google, bec. this is windows territory na. the tablets are running dual core CPUs, I can install my old software with this na like old NFS, old office 2003, old photoshop cs3 etc. , you won't even need an App Market kasi nga this is PC software na.

so there's no uphill battle. it will even be more time consuming to maintain two OS pa nga, one for tablet and one for PC. while MS is offering one OS for all tablet and PC, and perhaps a tone down version of Win8 for the windows phone.

i see google's demise here. sabi ko na kasi sa huli, yun magmamanufacture ng both software and hardware ang magwawagi, and sino pa ba ga-giant sa MS and Apple.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    may keyboard pa din naman eto eh, sa smart cover niya so can old software and games are backwards compatible. kung ako I went to china last week, and only brought with me my Iphone/Lumia as my computing/net device. survive na ako eh. I left my laptop at home.

lalo na siguro pag eto dala ko. I use Microsoft Onenote as well as Skydrive to house all my documents ngaun eh. I rarely use storage devices. kasi nga future-proofing na ako, the future is in the cloud.

ang ganda ng implementation ng MS office sa cloud computing. even in the lowly Nokia Lumia, i can edit and continue my MS office work kahit nasa bahay ang laptop ko ang I'm in China coz nasa Skydrive nga ang word/excel/powerpoint files ko, na-edit ko sa Lumia. pero pag eto dala ko wow!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    OB, sa tingin mo ano mangyayari sa Facebook?

magiging Myspace pa yan?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Hindi naman siguro kelangan ng 200,000 apps para lang maging succesful yan. Ilang apps lang ba ang mabenta?

Parang 100 very good apps is enough to start off. Yun nga lang kelangan talaga meron. hehe
    Apple Lists The Best Selling iPhone And iPad Apps Of All Time | Cult of Mac
    lagyan lang nila ng angry birds and fruit ninja bibilihin na yan

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    OB, sa tingin mo ano mangyayari sa Facebook?

magiging Myspace pa yan?
    Facebook integration sa Phone OS just like what IOS did with twitter.

sa Lumia 800 kasi integrated na eh, my SMS and Facebook messaging (chat) are read sa same thread na. so yun mga ka-FB friends, i rarely use SMS na sa kanila, FB chat na lang and I dont need to open the FB app anymore. basta reply and post lang. wala na P1.00 per SMS charge, text all you can hehe. basta may Wifi or if you want get the P299 always on ng Smart.

my Iphone is in Globe, my Lumia is in Smart Prepaid with P299, always on. and since karamihan naman ng friends ko all 2000 of them are in FB, dun na lang kami messaging.

though in Imessage w/c is built in with the IOS, libre din ang messaging yun nga lang kelangan naka-Iphone din friends ko

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ok ah.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Microsoft Surface- "could be the laptop and notebook killer"