The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is it light on resources?

How does it compare to AVG Pro?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    One thing about MS is....their apps work just about flawlessly with succeeding versions of Windows while many third-party ones require either a reinstall, patches, compatibility modes, or they simply don't work at all and require buying a later/newer version. So, if a MS app turns out to be very capable, I tend to stick with it. Of course, I suspect sneakiness on MS' part. But, oh well.

Just look at the old MS games I have: Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far (1997), Combat Flight Simulator 2 (2000), Combat Flight Simulator 3 (2002), MechCommander 2 (1999?), Flight Simulator 2002.... They all work great from Win2k to Win7 RC without ever being patched. Other newer games have come and gone...... Coincidence? He He He He

So if Security Essentials prove to be very capable, I'll stick with it....
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; October 1st, 2009 at 12:59 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I thought this was meant to replace MS Forefront. OneCare and Defender pala. I'm sticking with Forefront. But thanks for the heads-up. Ok pa rin and MSE for consumer use.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It seems pretty light on resources. I had Symantec Endpoint Protection on my laptop before. The hard drive was a slow SATA 4200rpm. I had to downgrade to XP to make it snappy enough for my tastes. With the Symantec product, it was just laggy enough for me to want to replace the hard drive. But once Symantec was removed and Security Essentials was installed, the laptop became responsive enough once more.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Mga bosing upgrade nyo ang mga laptop nyo sa Windows 7, tiyak masisiyahan kayo, samahan nyo na rin ng free AVG. As an IT we already using the Pro version before it comes out to the store. Hindi po puwede upgrade from XP, kung may XP kayo, custom installation po ang kailangan, pero erase and drive nyo, puwede po ang dual boot pero kailangan partition nyo ang HD. Puwede po upgrade from Vista it will keep your files and program.

Meron pong bagong labas na Hard Drive na 5x faster sa conventional HD. SSD "Solid State Drive" Sa ngayon ay medyo mahal po ito.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by coolzero View Post
    Mga bosing upgrade nyo ang mga laptop nyo sa Windows 7, tiyak masisiyahan kayo, samahan nyo na rin ng free AVG. As an IT we already using the Pro version before it comes out to the store. Hindi po puwede upgrade from XP, kung may XP kayo, custom installation po ang kailangan, pero erase and drive nyo, puwede po ang dual boot pero kailangan partition nyo ang HD. Puwede po upgrade from Vista it will keep your files and program.

Meron pong bagong labas na Hard Drive na 5x faster sa conventional HD. SSD "Solid State Drive" Sa ngayon ay medyo mahal po ito.
    Win 7? I had Vista and then Win7 RC1 on this laptop. Win 7 was ok once everything was loaded. But, it took a long time for the hard drive busy light to turn off. XP loads way way quicker.

If you have a slow 4200rpm in your laptop, stick with XP where performance is more than acceptable. I may still buy a 7200rpm SATA drive for this laptop since it's plugged in all the time anyway.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    mukhang positive ang mga comments dito sa thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Microsoft Security Essentials final version released