New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Nope. Not worth it at all. To start with, it never became a hit in the market in the first place. Better invest on the PS3 (if you know where to buy it)

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    What are you talking about ? PS2 was a hit.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The PS3 is more all around device than PS2. You get a Blu ray (currently cheapest in the market) and DVD player, CD ripper, MP3 storage and player, internet browser, and a Picture storage and viewer (super linaw!). You can also play older PS 2 games and newer PS 3 can be played over the net.
    Last edited by Monseratto; January 16th, 2007 at 08:53 AM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma_34 View Post
    What are you talking about ? PS2 was a hit.
    Based on the PS1 craze...
    yes it was a hit, but as far as sales is concerned, no.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Masyado pang mahal ang PS3 sa ngayon. Just go and buy PS2 slim muna and I'm sure na masusulit mo yan bago pa mag hit talaga sa market ang PS3. Make a comparison : 8K vs 35K?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They sold 111 million units of PS2. I think that is commercially successful.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Based on the PS1 craze...
    yes it was a hit, but as far as sales is concerned, no.
    huh? last time I checked, PS2 units were sold over 100 million units. ano pong sales, sa games?

BTTT:

if you have the money and are willing to gamble (since wala pa ring standard kung Blu-ray or HD-DVD, or whatever format they will come up with next) buy PS3, or 360, or even the Wii according to your preference..

But if you are choosing over the last gen of systems (gamecube, xbox, ps2), go with the PS2. major points:

* a ton of games to choose from
    * games are still being released for the PS2
    * units are getting cheaper and cheaper since the nextgen consoles are available

although dated na nga ang graphics, check it out for your self kung acceptable pa sa standards mo.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    unless die hard gamer ka talaga i would recommend ps2 muna...35k for a console is just throwing money away..add to the fact na 4-5k PER GAME. ouch.

kung nagsawa ka kaagad sa games mo e parang sinusunog mo lang pera mo ehehe

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by NazQ View Post
    huh? last time I checked, PS2 units were sold over 100 million units. ano pong sales, sa games?

BTTT:

if you have the money and are willing to gamble (since wala pa ring standard kung Blu-ray or HD-DVD, or whatever format they will come up with next) buy PS3, or 360, or even the Wii according to your preference..

But if you are choosing over the last gen of systems (gamecube, xbox, ps2), go with the PS2. major points:

* a ton of games to choose from
    * games are still being released for the PS2
    * units are getting cheaper and cheaper since the nextgen consoles are available

although dated na nga ang graphics, check it out for your self kung acceptable pa sa standards mo.
    I'm talking about sales sa Philippines. In the Philippines, the PS2 was not as popular as PS1.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ah.. sa philippines. just wondering.. san pwede makita ang sales stats ng philippines?

although sa games, i have no doubt na lugi ang sales sa phil cause pirates are everywhere..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
[Merged] Sony PS2