New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    All our home lighting is CFLs. And it's all yellow. It's pretty okay for ceiling fixtures, since we use multiple bulbs... but there's a noticeable buzzing if you're using a single fixture (as with a reading light). But these CFLs are easier on the eyes than naked flourescent tubes.
    A buzzing sound? The only time I hear a buzzing sound from the CFLs is when the CFL is going to fail soon.

But the only ones that I would be within three feet of would be the 8 watt CFLs in some of my side table lamps.

I haven't noticed anything similar with LEDs though... I sometimes read with an LED flashlight. Haven't seen the yellow ones... will be sure to look them up.
    Good luck. Local LED light bulbs are few and most are just decorative instead of being a real light source.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by water View Post
    Pag nag-effect na yung ban, icoconfiscate pag nakita sa airport yung baggage na may incadescent bulb/halogen? (Kasi obvious na wala na ito sa supermarket, hardware store so ang chance na lang makabili nito eh pag may uuwi galing sa ibang bansa.)
    I don't think the ban on incandescent bulbs would be that strict. It would cover normal channels of retail (hardware, supermarkets, etc) and importation (containerized) only.

I don't think personal purchases abroad would be covered by the ban.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    A buzzing sound? The only time I hear a buzzing sound from the CFLs is when the CFL is going to fail soon.

But the only ones that I would be within three feet of would be the 8 watt CFLs in some of my side table lamps.
    The light itself. It's not an anoying flicker like old flourescents, but it's there. You can't see it, but it causes headaches and eyestrain over time. Running multiple fixtures lessens it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Good luck. Local LED light bulbs are few and most are just decorative instead of being a real light source.
    That's the big problem. You can boost an LED's output with proper reflector design, but most makers don't seem to have cottoned on to that fact, yet...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Matipid ang CFL pero ok ba sa health?