New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You can also try using your spare smartphones as IP /security cams.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    slightly off topic, as this pertains to PCs and laptops...

i read about CloudReady from Neverware on Laptopmag.com; it's a ChromeOS based OS that turns your old pc into a Chromebook/box.

ChromeOS is a bit too dumbed down for me though, i'd stick with Ubuntu. Pero OK din siguro siya for light surfing, kiosk.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    slightly off topic, as this pertains to PCs and laptops...

i read about CloudReady from Neverware on Laptopmag.com; it's a ChromeOS based OS that turns your old pc into a Chromebook/box.

ChromeOS is a bit too dumbed down for me though, i'd stick with Ubuntu. Pero OK din siguro siya for light surfing, kiosk.
    Have you tried Remix OS (http://www.jide.com/en/remixos-for-pc)?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    My netbook comes with both android and windows, but I never got used to the android option. Is this remix better? Maybe you have tried the Alpha version?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    My netbook comes with both android and windows, but I never got used to the android option. Is this remix better? Maybe you have tried the Alpha version?
    Nope, not yet. But I am keen on trying this out.

I'm still looking for a spare machine in the office to test this on. I would have tried it via VirtualBox, but my HDD is also running out of space.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    An old Lenovo A60+. I recently used it as a wifi hotspot in the car. HSPDA on a Smart prepaid SIM is fast enough as a wireless access point while my main phone runs Waze.

sent via Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Making good use of old or spare tablets/smartphones