New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Whenever i work, i often listen to music so it might be okay. hehe.

If ever it is indeed a problem, i am sure i can fix it in one way or another.

I need a macbook pro 15" because the macbook only has integrated videocard - and the thing looks cool being made of metal. hehe

Maybe the fan is loud because of the hot videochip?

Another one i am also considering is Sony VAIO TX or S series.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Maybe there's a fan vibration dampener kit available for laptops...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    the hissing sound on my unit is actually tolerable. i was even thankful tho because the videos that i watched at youtube are worse. they claim to hear it even at 3meters aways fr the laptop.
    mine could be heard only while using the unit, then at a meter distance, di mo na rinig. that's in a closed room with A/C running and all windows closed.
    others started hearing this as early as a month from the time they purchased, mine started recently only.
    nakaka alarm lang kasi mataas ang expectation ko since the brand is of paramount reputation and considering the price, who wouldn't expect much?
    anyhow, am still extremely happy for the performance of this machine. have relied on this for several presentation jobs and never failed me so far.
    so if i'd be upgrading to a new laptop, mbp will still be my ultimate choice.
    sana lang maayos mabuti nang apple ito.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    magkano ba mbp ngaun? kaya na ba ng 60k mga ganyan? since january pa ako di-nag laptop eh, nakakatamad mag-charge. (sold i-book then got myself g5)

problema ko nga lang ngaun, pag punta sa office dala ko imac ko na di saksak, tapos uuwi ko after. medyo mabigat din hehehe. kailagan kasi naka-install na lahat ng fonts, materials for my design work

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MBP start at around 90k for the gray market, bnew.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    I hope this is not with the 15" c2d 2.4 i am getting soon. Is the hiss intolerable?
    The new ones (sold by Apple Philippines) already use the Santa Rosa platform.........tapos Intel Merom chips ang gamit niya. This already reduces heat and power consumption over the yonah-based MBP units.

Still, kung hindi ka pa sigurado, you can wait a few more months at lalabas na ang Penryn chips (45-nanometer) which means EVEN LESSER HEAT AND LESSER POWER CONSUMPTION.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    45-nm, siguro in a matter of time na lang ang mobile C2D QX (quad processor) version. saan kaya natin yon magagamit na application. hehehe.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    wow sarap mag 3d max dun. hehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
macbook pro hissing sound + electric shocks