New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    i'm waiting for the macbook i ordered from HK.

2.16ghz core 2 duo
    2gb ram

now that's one heck of a macbook.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    can i configure both a pc and a mac (booting mac os) to work with the same internet connection? if so, how?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    can i configure both a pc and a mac (booting mac os) to work with the same internet connection? if so, how?
    do you plan on using a router or do you intend to connect the internet connection on one and use adhoc connection to communicate with the other?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    then PB now MBP user here with the dual booting macs it's not uncommon anymore to see fellow mac-users in public

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    if it's a wireless network then it should be easy to set up your standard cross-platform router, however sharing a connection using dhcp from the mac or even the reverse may pose some problems along the way. I suggest the airport express route para no hassle.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by metatron View Post
    sounds more like a memory problem than a processor problem to me. unless CS2's actively churning away applying professional grade filters 100% of the time in the background, with the apps you're using, a g5 i mac shouldn't feel too slow.
    I have a 1GB memory. actually my G5 has been running for almost 2 weeks now non-stop. when I go to work, I just leave it open sa bahay.

been downloading a lot of movies and tv series lately hehehe. I'm now on my 17th P8.00 DVD+R from CD-R King. 17x6 = 102 top 2006/2007 movies so far hehehe.

hindi kaya bumabagal kasi never ko pa turn off since two weeks ago.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I use a Linksys wired router with my pc. I hooked up my daughter's new Mac Mini to it, set to DHCP, and voila, the Mini had internet in no time. But, I don't network them together.

Add: I quit using WiFi after detecting 4 other WiFi connections of our neighbors right from my den.

Also, I can't remember if I had to reboot the Mini or not before it found the internet connection. I'm leaning towards not having to reboot. But, I'm not 100% sure.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 17th, 2007 at 04:48 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    This is what the folks at the Apple Store referred us to. I didn't really need it. But, it was handy for the wife.
    How to set up internet on the Mac:
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304738

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I'm using DSL at home and distribute the internet connection via wireless router. I have a PC, Windows laptop and a Mac G4 and all them gets the internet easily. I noticed that the wireless connection of Mac is far better than my IBM X series laptop. The mac signal is very strong as compared to IBM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wrcastro_ph View Post
    I'm using DSL at home and distribute the internet connection via wireless router. I have a PC, Windows laptop and a Mac G4 and all them gets the internet easily. I noticed that the wireless connection of Mac is far better than my IBM X series laptop. The mac signal is very strong as compared to IBM.
    exactly, wireless connection of mac OS is relatively faster than windows... i tried testing the bandwidth of both using the same wireless provider, mac OS yields around 15 to 20 % faster

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Mac user anyone?