New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ^

Im quite surprise that acer aspire is number 2 in the list.
    Acer isnt bad. I have a 2 year old Acer 1830T that has never given me any problem. Used daily as my only computer.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post
    If you want to challenge yourself, go get a mac and install a virtual software that will let you use Windows inside OSX like Parallels or VMware fusion.
    Start by using and learning Mac softwares. If things go tough, you can always use Windows, but try to restrain yourself. That's how you learn.

Sometime, it's okay to get out of your comfort zones and try other stuff - because that's how people learn.

Otherwise, we'd still be living in caves till now.

Not being a fanboy but Mac is a very reliable piece of machine. I made the switch 30 months ago and never looked back.
    Just get Applecare with it and you're set for at least three productive years.

correct sir. yan ung hanap ko din reliability kaya yan pa din gamit ko same holds true with their iphone, hindi nag hahang.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Acer isnt bad. I have a 2 year old Acer 1830T that has never given me any problem. Used daily as my only computer.
    Agree! It's branded that's cheap... Yun batteries lang problems sa acers laptop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
    #retzing

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xthine View Post
    You are certainly right about that part. Sounds like the MBP is not for you, what's "SC"? "value wise" meaning price? Being able to find product that meets your needs and you're comfortable would be perhaps more priceless than "value" of the product.
    The Mac has actually grown on me... I love its Keynote presentation software and its really quick. I'm enjoying the "best of both worlds" so to speak... If I'm in the mood for some gaming.. I just boot up windows....

The only "disadvantage" I see.. if it can be called one.. is that since its more expensive than the average laptop... I find myself taking more care of it.. to the point of being OC sometimes....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    once you get into mac you won't go back.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    That's right. Been using Macs since 2003.
    Here's a picture of me when we got our first batch of MacBook Pro Retinas last year.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

baka may sobra pa kayong macbook pro dyan sir.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake1 View Post
    The Mac has actually grown on me... I love its Keynote presentation software and its really quick. I'm enjoying the "best of both worlds" so to speak... If I'm in the mood for some gaming.. I just boot up windows....

The only "disadvantage" I see.. if it can be called one.. is that since its more expensive than the average laptop... I find myself taking more care of it.. to the point of being OC sometimes....
    been using OSX since mid 2000s. if you had the chance to use Tiger (like me) then you'll say Mountain Lion is so low. my boot up time before around 10-15 seconds. now it takes half a minute or more 0_o

weird, i find myself being more careful with windows laptops since they have poorer build quality. whereas sa mac i just clean the monitor with any clean rag in reach.

that statement is not 100% true; i go back all the time :p but then again i use other OS's regularly. i guess Mac hardware and software is like experiencing proper industrial design for people who been trapped in an all Windows crap fest for the past 20 years.
    Last edited by roninblade; September 13th, 2013 at 06:29 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    been using OSX since mid 2000s. if you had the chance to use Tiger (like me) then you'll say Mountain Lion is so low. my boot up time before around 10-15 seconds. now it takes half a minute or more 0_o

weird, i find myself being more careful with windows laptops since they have poorer build quality. whereas sa mac i just clean the monitor with any clean rag in reach.
    It looks like you may have upgraded your OS from one version to a newer version by using the lazy method by running the installer.
    If you have done this to upgrade even once - then, that's your culprit. I'm an Apple engineer and we use another method to upgrade an OS.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Whats that, deleting the partition and do a clean install?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast