New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    wait a minute (duh!) ... have you tested the modem by directly connecting it to your computer? If it's working, then assume the problem is the router, either the configuration is wrong or the router is defective. Either way, it's hard for someone (like me) to diagnose via forum discussion.

Are you nor familiar enough to fiddle around in the router's basic connection settings?
    i may sometimes relate with my laptop via synergy, most often, i have a good time working with it... but honestly, i don't know my laptop that much...heheheh...i guess the connections are simpler...connected but the router can't detect any...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ^^ Try to isolate the problem..Remove the router, connect modem directly to computer..

My experience with WRT54Gbeen using for 5yrs w/o major problems)
    - firmware upgrade to fix bugs
    - Poor ventilation causes overheating and stalls the device
    - Adaptor is Transformer type(not auto volt), if commercial power sags, chances are youll get DC or causes router to hang.. Connect adaptor to line interactive UPS or better replace adaptor w/ switching type 12VDC 1A.
    Also set modem lease time to max..You will get DC if lease time expires and reset would solve the problem temporarily. Ask isp to replace modem for isolation purposes.

Overall ok naman ang linksys though performance is not as good as hardened-carrier grade device. For small-office-home-office use lang talaga

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    i may sometimes relate with my laptop via synergy, most often, i have a good time working with it... but honestly, i don't know my laptop that much...heheheh...i guess the connections are simpler...connected but the router can't detect any...
    If thats the case, you might have no other recourse but to request for an onsite technical assistance to resolve your connection problems quickly.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^ Thanks mga Sirs!!!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    hi,

yung router ko pag sa laptop using wireless ok sya pag nag kabit na ako sa cable pa punta sa desktop coming from router indicate nya connected pero wala sya internet.set up modem pa punta sa lnksys ko 4 lights ang nailaw... help po thx

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    feedback naman po about Linksys WRT54G wireless router... ok po ba ito? plano ko po kasi mag setup ng wireless connection sa bahay. TIA

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You might want to configure the router for the type of internet connection you are using. Example, static IP, dynamic IP, PPOE, etc.

If you don't know what I am talking about, try reading the quick guide that comes with the Linksys router.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^ meron na po existing thread nito.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...t=56997&page=2

HTH

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    feedback naman po about Linksys WRT54G wireless router... ok po ba ito? plano ko po kasi mag setup ng wireless connection sa bahay. TIA
    Personal experience, the router fails around a year after using it. I had four routers (shops, home, office) and they typically failed to function normally after six months to 1.5 years.

I replaced ALL of my routers with TP-LINK brand wifi routers. No problems at all. Even my brother's friend and in-laws have taken my advise and used TP-LINK routers. It's quite affordable at P1,400 for a 4-port wifi B/G 54mbs router.

BTW, I suggest you invest into wifi-N standard routers for the added speed and range. Even if your current devices aren't "N" standard, at least you can have the option for it anytime you want.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    ^^ meron na po existing thread nito.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...t=56997&page=2

HTH

[SIZE="5"]Moderator's note: Threads merged[/SIZE]
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 23rd, 2009 at 02:27 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Linksys WRT54G problem [merged threads]