New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    wrt54g user here too, smartbro ISP ko, ano ISP nyo?

3 weeks ago nag start problema, sa umaga till 4pm ok yan, pag on mo connected agad, surf ka till 4pm biglang mawawala internet. or pag nag on ka sa gabi sa smartbro portal ka redirected tapos di ka makalog on, puro error lang. then tatawag ka sa hotline and mga 30 mins kayo mag config ng pc mo na wala ka naman ginalaw sa settings. and every call wala silang maibigay na explanation, sisihin pa ikaw kasi may nagalaw ka daw sa settings, mga wlang kwenta. and may isang beses tatawag daw tech support, next morning nag ring cell ko isang ring lang pag kuha ko sa table wala na, akala ko tatawag ulit, nung hapon pagtawag ko sa smart to compain again, sabihan pa ako na
    "sir tumawag po kanina pero di daw kayo sumasagot" uminit ulo ko agad kasi 4 days na ganun connection tapos isang ring lang di na ako sumagot, namura ko na sabay hingi ng pangalan nya, at nung gumawa nung report, ayaw ibigay mga pangalan na. tapos "sir is alright to turn on your pc and check natin settings?" "NO! kasi 4 days na nyo ako ginag*go and 3 houses down lang ang tower nyo sa amin for sure sa inyo ang sira. pero pag singilan mabilis kayo."

kakapikon, no choice lang ako kasi dito either PLDT or smartbroken ka lang, wala na ibang ISP sa area, badtrip
    For Smart BRO, to avoid the Smart Portal site, use the computer that smart used to setup their connection in your home. Open Internet Explorer and type in "http://192.168.1.1" as the internet address (assuming that IS your router's address). Enter nothing on the username and your password on the password box. After successfully logging in, click SETUP and select MAC Address Clone. Click "Clone your PC'S MAC" and save settings. That should work. PS I'm not using smart.

As per the WRT54G, am also experiencing the problem on my Global Destiny connection. I think based from the posts here, it isn't related to what connections we use. Upgrading the firmware using the version offered by LINKSYS didn't do much. Tried the open firmware instead and still the same so I just reverted back to the original firmware. Kinda weird though, but when the connection drops and I access the router's address and check on it's STATUS, I simple click DHCP Renew and in a short while the connection's back. Weird.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post
    For Smart BRO, to avoid the Smart Portal site, use the computer that smart used to setup their connection in your home. Open Internet Explorer and type in "http://192.168.1.1" as the internet address (assuming that IS your router's address). Enter nothing on the username and your password on the password box. After successfully logging in, click SETUP and select MAC Address Clone. Click "Clone your PC'S MAC" and save settings. That should work. PS I'm not using smart.

As per the WRT54G, am also experiencing the problem on my Global Destiny connection. I think based from the posts here, it isn't related to what connections we use. Upgrading the firmware using the version offered by LINKSYS didn't do much. Tried the open firmware instead and still the same so I just reverted back to the original firmware. Kinda weird though, but when the connection drops and I access the router's address and check on it's STATUS, I simple click DHCP Renew and in a short while the connection's back. Weird.
    but the problem went away with touching the routers settings. ngayon back to regular surfing na sya, just that 1 week lang nagkaganun,

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post

Are you in "Automatic Configuration- DHCP"? PLDT DSL is dynamic IP address, so this should be it...

If you're doing DHCP renew (which is ipconfig /renew in the command prompt, then the router is losing track of the IP address)...

You can validate this by going to the command prompt and doing ipconfig to see what is the current IP address you have....

4000:play_ball:

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    that's how it is with that router, works like magic. sometimes, a soft reset is all you need, other times a restart. that's one reason why i shifted from the wrt54g and bought the wrt54gs. the gs has been nothing but great and i haven't turned it off since last year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Linksys WRT54G problem