New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I don't know how to change the color of the taskbar. It's still there kahit naka hide taskbar, even during windows startup
    Its either monitor or ribbon cable. I remember there was a 3rd party repair guy whondelievered a warranty service on my work laptop. He arrange a meeting in a library in the US. I watched him repair my laptop in 10 minutes. He knew where the locking tabs were.

In your case it is a hardware issue. Your warranty is 3yrs with hp. When you're back in the USA. Just bring the unit to that shopnor claim warranty online.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I got a lemon. Naiiyak akoooooo. I want my laptop to last at least 5 yrs. Normally ba lumalala dead pixels? How could this happen when I rarely close the lid Maingat naman ako sa laptop ko, I don't even bring it around anywhere
    Have you tried connecting your laptop to a monitor? If the pink line is still there kahit sa external monitor, it's a GPU problem. If sa screen lang talaga ng laptop mo, then it's an LCD problem.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Just have the lcd screen replaced. Dami naman na gumagawa screen replacement.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    He he he pirmi na yan kaya acceptance na lang talaga, ano ba warranty ni HP?

Official HP(R) Warranty Check – United States | HP(R) Customer Support

Might help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. This is weird. Bakit 2018 lumabas when I bought the laptop brand new in Sep.2019, unless nanloko yung seller? Pero malabo refurbished kasi nakalagay naman yun sa Amazon and it came with a box and all the stickers look new, pati amoy.

Tumaas presyo ng mga laptop!?!? I looked at the links from my other laptop choices, at lahat tumaas din same specs naman

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by _Cathy_; October 11th, 2020 at 07:40 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    When you go to the states, you can dispute the warranty. You just need to produce the proof-of purchase. It being bought from Amazon, that shouldn't be difficult to do.

HP PCs, Printers - How to Submit a Dispute to Validate Your Warranty | HP(R) Customer Support

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    Thanks, I'll try this

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Its either monitor or ribbon cable. I remember there was a 3rd party repair guy whondelievered a warranty service on my work laptop. He arrange a meeting in a library in the US. I watched him repair my laptop in 10 minutes. He knew where the locking tabs were.

In your case it is a hardware issue. Your warranty is 3yrs with hp. When you're back in the USA. Just bring the unit to that shopnor claim warranty online.
    2 years lang

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Have you tried connecting your laptop to a monitor? If the pink line is still there kahit sa external monitor, it's a GPU problem. If sa screen lang talaga ng laptop mo, then it's an LCD problem.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    I did sa TV ko, and it has no line pag sa TV ko

Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Just have the lcd screen replaced. Dami naman na gumagawa screen replacement.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    I can live with this line naman. I am disappointed lang that it happened to a 1 yr old laptop. Sana lang talaga wag lumala

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    When you go to the states, you can dispute the warranty. You just need to produce the proof-of purchase. It being bought from Amazon, that shouldn't be difficult to do.

HP PCs, Printers - How to Submit a Dispute to Validate Your Warranty | HP(R) Customer Support
    I do hope it does not get worse in case I won't be able to go back before September

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012

I do hope it does not get worse in case I won't be able to go back before September
    Dont close and open the lid. If you have to, use two hands

9. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    It's either the ribbon cable or LCD.
    If you try to press on some part in the LCD where the line might disappear, probably replacing cable will fix the issue.
    If cable issue, usually lower part ng LCD nakalagay, dyan mo i press to check if there is a change in the display.
    But if the line defect won't change even pressing on other parts in LCD, then it is an LCD issue.
    Replacing LCD HW is the only fix for that.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Bad trip! I woke up to see a second line on my monitor. This is a 24 month old laptop HP never again. I guess I have to start canvassing a new laptop. I could live with the first line on the task bar area but the second line is annoying

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast