New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    But doesn't even current plasma TVs have burn-in problems as well as a life span of a few years only with daily use?
    No more burn-ins and image retentions for the past 2 or 3 generation plasmas. My 2 yr old Panasonic plasma TV is being used by my kids to play Wii. Did not experience any IRs.

As for the life span of the panel, with the way the electronics companies introduce new models with new technologies every few months, and with cheaper introductory prices for new models, do you think you'll keep your TV after 5yrs of use?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 4agze View Post
    so they broadcast HD in Philippines now?
    Some Cable offer HD Channels (like Cignal Digital TV which offers 8 HD... although not all of them are true HD IMHO..)

May question po ako mga sirs, pag nanonood kasi ako ng Standard Definition Channel sa HDTV ko (samsung series 3 - 32"), merong Black bars.. kahit na i set ko sa 'fit to screen' meron pa ring black bars sa left and right (pag normal 16:9 all four sides has the black bars).. normal po ba ito? pano po maging full screen yung SD channels na pinapanuod? kasi sa office namin sony bravia 32" kahit naman SD channels like ABSCBN full screen eh.. walang black bars...

and.. may bad effect po ba sa LCD TV yung panunuod ng may black bars? (like burn in issues?)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruto View Post
    Some Cable offer HD Channels (like Cignal Digital TV which offers 8 HD... although not all of them are true HD IMHO..)

May question po ako mga sirs, pag nanonood kasi ako ng Standard Definition Channel sa HDTV ko (samsung series 3 - 32"), merong Black bars.. kahit na i set ko sa 'fit to screen' meron pa ring black bars sa left and right (pag normal 16:9 all four sides has the black bars).. normal po ba ito? pano po maging full screen yung SD channels na pinapanuod? kasi sa office namin sony bravia 32" kahit naman SD channels like ABSCBN full screen eh.. walang black bars...

and.. may bad effect po ba sa LCD TV yung panunuod ng may black bars? (like burn in issues?)
    Just change the output aspect ratio of the screen in the menu of your TV. I haven't owned a Samsung, so I don't know how to do it in your unit.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I'd still go for the LCD over the LED. Masyado pang mahal ang LED TVs.....Tama si jj,- backlighting ang difference..... So, may dimming features ang LED....

9000:snowfight1:

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    There are two critical difference between Full Screen and Widescreen. Full screen productions are recorded to display * 4:3 aspect ratio (fit for old square shaped TVs) against Widescreen's 16:9 (designed to suit modern rectangular shaped TVs and theater display).

When you watch a regular TV broadcast, some channels/stations have a library of shows that have been recorded in 4:3 ratio. It's not your TV set's fault.

Just like what Boybi mentioned, just adjust your output settings or you can zoom in (if you have that function).

and.. may bad effect po ba sa LCD TV yung panunuod ng may black bars(like burn in issues?)
    Short answer... Nope.
    Last edited by frenchtower; December 10th, 2009 at 04:17 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Try to activate Wide Zoom. That works for the Sony Bravia. Para syang Fit-to-screen mode. All part of the broadcast picture still stays within viewable dimensions. May Full Zoom kasi na yung center ang pinapalaki nya at ang focus. Samsung must have a similar function.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    thanks mga sirs..

so basically walang badeffects. whew! heheh.

meron pong fit-to-screen option sa samsung lcd tv ko pero hindi pa rin cia nagfifit to screen talaga... may natitirang black bars sa left and right sides
    ganun din ang ngyayari sa zoom and wide zoom options. anyway kung wala namang bad effects edi stay put na ko sa fit-to-screen option... baka ganun lang talaga sa samsung? :D salamats uli mga sirs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
LED or LCD television