New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2019
    hingiin ko sana yung specific brand na nagamit nyo na para may feedback, generator? power station? power brick? or kung anuman na set up.. thank you po..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by misseksaherada View Post
    Eligible na din ako for laptop replacement.. Kaso ang hirap kasi mag set up nung mga applications and authentication (hassle).. Bukod dun ang bulky nung new laptops na niri-release nila laptop power question (dami reason, maarte lang pala)..
    Same reason kung bakit ayaw ko bumili extra battery, dahil soon magpalit na din ako ng laptop.. Hindi lang ngayon baka Q4 pa..
    Kaya naghahanap ako ng alternative, kahit up to 6 hours pede na for emergency lang..

Solution would just be to clone the drive ...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by misseksaherada View Post
    hingiin ko sana yung specific brand na nagamit nyo na para may feedback, generator? power station? power brick? or kung anuman na set up.. thank you po..
    yung kapatid ko nung nagka bagyo sa bohol last December, ang tagal ng brownout sa kanila at inabot yata ng more than 2 months. bumili sila ng Greenfield power station 400W yata nung nag bakasyon sila dito then dinala pag uwi duon. ok naman daw, parang may malaki ka powerbank hehe pang electric fan, charge ng fones. then re-charge nila pag pasok sa office, may kuryente kasi sa office nila pero sa house area nila eh matagal nagka kuryente.

meron yung iba may kinakabit na solar panel for charging.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Portable power stations come in different capacities. Beyond the "Wattage" being advertised (ie. 200W, 300W, 400W, etc.), the more important parameter to look at is the Wh capacity.

The formula is:
    Equipment Wattage (W) x No. of hours of continuous use (H) = Required battery capacity (Wh)

So if your laptop consumes, say, 50W. You can get up to 4 hours from a 200Wh portable power station. That is the best case because the conversion is not 100% efficient. So it's safe to assume that you'll get somewhere around 2-3 hours from running a 50W laptop (and nothing else). In reality, you can get more time depending on whether the laptop is allowed to throttle down (reduce energy consumption) with light use.

Portable power stations are ideal if the outage is relatively short and far in between (to allow for charging time). For longer outages, a small inverter generator would probably be more practical.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    I recently bought a laptop and there is this battery charge cycle limiting option of 80% full charge should I enable it to extend the battery life?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Portable power stations come in different capacities. Beyond the "Wattage" being advertised (ie. 200W, 300W, 400W, etc.), the more important parameter to look at is the Wh capacity.

The formula is:
    Equipment Wattage (W) x No. of hours of continuous use (H) = Required battery capacity (Wh)

So if your laptop consumes, say, 50W. You can get up to 4 hours from a 200Wh portable power station. That is the best case because the conversion is not 100% efficient. So it's safe to assume that you'll get somewhere around 2-3 hours from running a 50W laptop (and nothing else). In reality, you can get more time depending on whether the laptop is allowed to throttle down (reduce energy consumption) with light use.

Portable power stations are ideal if the outage is relatively short and far in between (to allow for charging time). For longer outages, a small inverter generator would probably be more practical.
    I have same problem with missX, I'm WFH and looking for solution for power outage so I can remain online. Pag napapa daan ako sa true value nakikita ko mga generator, around ₱50k. It seems an expensive solution to remain working, it's probably cheaper to file a leave. laptop power question

When you say small inverter generator, do you mean gasoline fed, lighter, and cheaper than ₱50k?

I don't really need to power a lot of appliances during outage, just a laptop and maybe a smartphone I can tether Internet to.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    I recently bought a laptop and there is this battery charge cycle limiting option of 80% full charge should I enable it to extend the battery life?
    I have that feature and set it to 60% charge. I think it's the same reason why they ship smartphone at half charge, to prolong its life. Yun lang pag blackout I only have 1 hour or less to remain online. I should probably turn the feature off this typhoon season.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    I have that feature and set it to 60% charge. I think it's the same reason why they ship smartphone at half charge, to prolong its life. Yun lang pag blackout I only have 1 hour or less to remain online. I should probably turn the feature off this typhoon season.

I see.... I tried to enable it and it really stops at 80% charge. How about for mobile phones? I always charge it 100% there is no feature to limit the charging.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    I have same problem with missX, I'm WFH and looking for solution for power outage so I can remain online. Pag napapa daan ako sa true value nakikita ko mga generator, around ₱50k. It seems an expensive solution to remain working, it's probably cheaper to file a leave. laptop power question

When you say small inverter generator, do you mean gasoline fed, lighter, and cheaper than ₱50k?

I don't really need to power a lot of appliances during outage, just a laptop and maybe a smartphone I can tether Internet to.
    If it's just the bare essentials.... laptop, fan, lights, and to charge your phone/tablet, a small 800-1200W inverter generator is sufficient.

https://shopee.ph/ORIGINAL-DAIDEN-Po...0-d599cdc95bf5

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
laptop power question