New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Laptop PC vs Tablets - if you have to choose, which one would you prefer?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Laptop

7 53.85%
  • Tablet

3 23.08%
  • Undecided / No opinion

3 23.08%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    laptop pa rin. ang bigat din ng tablet nakakangalay lalo na pag matagal ka mag facebook.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Laptop pa din... watching movies on a tablet, the tablet eventually gets heavy in the hands kasi you need to help it up while watching. Using a laptop, just sit and watch. Comfortable.

Typing (like email or writing a document) is also easier on a laptop.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 22nd, 2012 at 05:39 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    what kind of question is this? there's no contest since they are used for different purposes.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    what kind of question is this? there's no contest since they are used for different purposes.
    Overall. If you have to own either a tablet or laptop.

Why the question? It's because many so-called experts have said the end of the laptop has come with the arrival of the tablet and I do not agree with that statement.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Overall. If you have to own either a tablet or laptop.

Why the question? It's because many so-called experts have said the end of the laptop has come with the arrival of the tablet and I do not agree with that statement.
    agreed, the laptop is not going anywhere soon. if i can do my development work using just my ipad i would but tablets are so limited with what you can do with them right now. heck, im still getting frustrated with my ipad and the way Apple tries to make their platform suitable for idiots with too much hand-holding.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Laptop pa din... watching movies on a tablet, the tablet eventually gets heavy in the hands kasi you need to help it up while watching. Using a laptop, just sit and watch. Comfortable.

Typing (like email or writing a document) is also easier on a laptop.

right on the button sir gh. tsaka mas mabilis mag type dito sa tsikot forum gamit laptop compared sa tablet.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I haven't been using my laptop since I bought an ipad 2 yrs ago. The ipad has a lot longer battery life than any laptop. It does not get hot in extended use. There are ipad cases that will make it stand on its own so I can watch movies without having to hold it in my hands. When I'm in bed already and suddenly thought of something and I need to get online, it's easier and less tiresome to use the ipad than a laptop. Its instant on ability also makes it faster for me to access the net.

Of course for other uses, a laptop will definitely be superior to the ipad. But for me, I'm never getting another laptop.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    none, both are used for different purpose. it's like choosing between a sedan and an suv or a luxury car and a sports car.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    tablet will never beat the laptop for heavy stuff. i would not want to do heavy spreadsheet work on a tablet, too time consuming. but for mobility, then tablet trumps the laptop.

photo editing, autocad still has limitations on the tablet but most of the time i only surf and download from *******s, so mas mataas usage ng tablet ko ngayon kaysa laptop

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Laptop for me too.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Laptop PC vs Tablets - which one would you choose?