New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    It also helps to clean your laptop's cooling system by opening it up and cleaning its parts.

After a while, all that compacted dust will form into cotton-like things blocking the airflow.
    +1, I did this a few months ago..and although the inlet ports looked clean..the Heatsinks inside the notebook were all fouled up. Glad I opened it.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DonT View Post
    I also thought it was that way..but it does makes sense. The Notebook's fan fools the CPU of the notebook by sucking air from the bottom of the Notebook. Therefore, the cooler the air at the bottom of the notebook..the better it is. Either putting the notebook inclined or giving more space at the bottom will also do the trick. Laptop coolers will do it better.

Now, if the laptop cooler is blowing (instead of sucking) air into the bottom of the notebook, there is a tendency for dust to accumulate at the bottom and clog the inlet of the notebooks fan.
    That dust accumulation is going to happen anyway without even using laptop coolers, since air is still getting sucked in through those bottom openings, albeit later than when you use laptop coolers.

I myself am looking into something that will put some space between my lap and the notebook PC, but not necessarily something that has fans. I hope I find a laptop stand that's slim and light.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    been using laptops for years without cooling pads, and didn't notice any problem. at least 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

of course i don't literally use the laptop on my lap or on any part of my body, so wasn't really bother by any heat coming from it.

laptop makers probably have thought about heat dissipation...with the amount of r & d money they pour into the process. so until i need the continued necessity to use my lap or stomach in using my laptop for more than an hour, pass muna ako sa cooling pads

O.T. did you guys notice kung may laptop cooling pad si hayden?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Laptop Cooling Pad