New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by drayver View Post
    anong video converter gamit nyo from AVI to MP4?
    I use Ulead Video Studio 10 Plus. I didn't buy it for that purpose. But, the capability is there. In fact, I've been batch-converting my Divx/xVid videos directly to iPod mp4 with UVS10P. It also works great for stitching together converted YouTube clips back to full-sized episodes.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i'm using ImTOO iPod Movie Converter...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    It's the same with the Best Buy here. >$300 for a video iPod.

I do have access to the BX of the nearby base here. There, a 30GB iPod is $249 out the door. They're always sold out though. I'm waiting for a new shipment to come in.

I also plan to buy an external battery which should extend battery life to well past 10 hours when playing video. That's all I really want an iPod for, video.

boss jun, matagal ko na nabenta yung psp..

i bought an ARCHOS 404.
    dvr na siya..canplay vids, music, photos, pdf files. solb na solb ako sa pag record ng mga tv series using it's dvr station.

pangit lang sa kaniya is its short battery life pag video..almost 3.5hours lang.

but i dont really care since the screen is bigger than the ipod, better quality, and the dvr thing which is really a plus for me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter View Post

i bought an ARCHOS 404.
    dvr na siya..canplay vids, music, photos, pdf files. solb na solb ako sa pag record ng mga tv series using it's dvr station.

pangit lang sa kaniya is its short battery life pag video..almost 3.5hours lang.

but i dont really care since the screen is bigger than the ipod, better quality, and the dvr thing which is really a plus for me.
    Battery life is my biggest concern among all of those devices. When I went on vacation to Japan, my daughter's Sony portable 8" widescreen dvd player lasted a full 6 hours playing dvd's (using earbuds and the backlit light just bright enough).

For the price of that Archos, I might as well get a 10" Panasonic portable dvd player with SD card/Divx support and 10 hours battery life.

But, I do like the video iPod. Once it's fitted with a 3rd-party external battery, video playback extends to well past 12 hours.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yeah..it is a concern too. but portabilty (not much bigger than an ipod video) is also one of my priorities since i commute everyday to save planet earth =p

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    yeah..it is a concern too. but portabilty (not much bigger than an ipod video) is also one of my priorities since i commute everyday to save planet earth =p
    I use portable devices mainly when traveling abroad. I normally travel light (just backpack) and an iPod is just right for me. If Archos can improve battery life, I'd definitely consider it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by raikonen View Post
    i'm using ImTOO iPod Movie Converter...
    thanks! i tried this and it works good, I can also edit the video format like size, framerate, audio etc...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006

i bought an ARCHOS 404.

I had a chance to try out a friend's new Archos 604 WiFi. In addition to the media functions, it also has a 4.3" touchscreen, stylus pointing device, and Opera web browser built in. Battery life is around 5 hours. The price(~$450) is a minor sticking point. But, I liked it. I may consider that particular Archos.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
which Ipod?